HELP - Quality collision repair - where in PA??

dcrace58

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, please let me know if it would be suited elsewhere!

Anyway, I have a new 2017 Bighorn 3760EL and on our 2nd trip out on the way home we had to move over for a large logging truck to pass by us on a back road and a large tree branch was sticking out that I couldn't avoid while passing and it impacted the side of the roof, ripping the rubber all the way down the side and damaging the moulding and the rear end cap at the top. Looks like it flattened the metal under the rubber some also where it rounds up from the side to the flat part of the roof. (makes me sick just thinking about it!!) I took it to he Dealer I bought it from, (Brooks Camper Sales, Connellsville, PA), they looked it over along with the insurance adjuster and are talking about having to replace the whole rubber roof, some rounded metal pieces that transition the side to the roof, and the rear end cap. The Dealer isn't sure he can handle the job...has to still let me know. The insurance company is willing to fix however it needs to be done, no problem there. My question is, can anyone recommend an alternate repair shop that does quality repairs to RV's if my Dealer decides this job is too big for him?? Him just not knowing has me concerned. I this something could get Heartland to repair since it is so new?? I would be willing to travel a reasonable distance to have it repaired like new again!! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your help!

Dave

danemayer

Dave,

Call the insurance adjuster and ask for recommendations. They should know of a body shop that works on motor homes, buses, etc.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Heartland could do the repair at their new service center but they will not work with your insurance. You would have to pay for it out of pocket and get reimbursed by your insurance carrier.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Not sure where you are in PA but in Bath NY there is Goodrich Auto Works and they do great RV body work, I know!

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Most body shops that work with fiberglass can do body repair on RVs if they have the room. Also many RV dealers do also.

dcrace58

mrcomer,

Do you know where the Heartland service center is and how I can get in touch with them ie. phone number?

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I have read about RV Armor for a lifetime roof. Best thing is they come to you. On their website they say that they can repair wood damage as well as most items on the roof.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
mrcomer,

Do you know where the Heartland service center is and how I can get in touch with them ie. phone number?

They are located in Elkhart, Indiana . . . and if you go to the portal page of this website (link at upper left hand corner) you'll be able to find this info.