HELP!! Water heater leak!!

ADIRKS30

We have a cyclone 3100 brand new, we have been staying in it the last week. Just tonight there is suddenly a large puddle on the kitchen floor and so i get under the sink and take the panel behind water heater off and there is water seeping out from underneath the water heater.....

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You will have to do some searching for the source.
The water lines that connect to the water heater are prone to leakage where they are connected.
Check the fittings on the water heater.
Also take a look at the outside where the pressure relief valve is located and the drain plug itself.
Normally the water heaters themselves do not leak. It is almost always a fitting or water line.

Peace
Dave

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
If you have not changed out the plastic check valve from the back of the water heater, then that is a logical place to look. The plastic check valve has a history of cracking and springing leaks.

Rod Ditrich

We had something similar happen in our 3100. Found water on the floor around the outside of the kitchen sink cabinet. As you did, I took off the access panel for the water heater under the sink. There was water under the water heater so wiped that up. Then saw one of the screwed on threaded lines running into water heater had a slow drip. Tightened it up and have had no problems since. I now check these periodically. Hopefully your problem will be an easy fix as well.

ADIRKS30

Ok, when I posted that I thought I had looked at all the fittings and they all seemed dry, but finally just started moving them all a bit just to see if something moved and sure enough the little plastic fitting on the hot side right at the water heater was loose and not screwed on right.

I have to admit I am a little dissapointed in this Cyclone, we had a different brand toyhauler and thought we were taking a step towards better quality but am almost doubing it now. It seems things like this and my microwave that worked for only 3 days shouldn`t happen on a $72,000 msrp fifth wheel. And now I have to put the new microwave in..... lousy warranty in my opinion.

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
If your 2014 Cyclone is still in warranty, that should be taken care of by your dealer.

Peace
Dave

Or if not near your Dealer - Customer Service can direct you to a local dealer who can perform the warranty work for you as well.

I can understand the frustration regarding the issue - one would hope that we would never have an issue with a product you spend that much money on - but across the board - some issues will crop up especially in a home that we drag across our highways. Not that I don't also believe that quality could be better for all manufactures of RVs, but these are put together by humans. Make sure you let Heartland CS know what you found.

Welcome to the Heartland family !