Help with West Coast planning

Bksvo

Hi all! I am meeting my family in Missoula, Mt on the 4th of July (they've been about visiting family the last three weeks). We have twelve days to work our way back to Phoenix. We'll be sepnding a few days in North Bend, WA. If anyone has any suggestions on places to camp there (that we can get a Cyclone into) I'd appreciate it.

We are also wanting to stop and see Yosemite. If anyone has suggestions on where to stay, or any other must sees between Washington and Arizona, I'd love to hear them (or I guess see them:rolleyes:). I have 3 kids (12,10,8) and we haven't really spent any time out that way.

Thanks in advance!

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Lots to see and do here in the Pacific Northwest. It would help to know what route you intend to follow.
Mt St Helens is neat thing to see. Crater Lake in Oregon is another sight to see. Valley of the Rogue is a nice state park. If your route allows, Grants Pass has a cool jet boat ride down the Rogue River. If possible, you might consider Highway 20 through WA. Very scenic over the North Cascades. Twelve days is not a lot of time especially if Yosemite is part of that time.

Have a great and safe trip!

Bksvo

Thanks for the links!

I know its not a lot of time, but I hope to pick out a few great places to see, and we'll get more in the future. I like to get my kids exploring the fantastic places in this country before they "grow up" and get bored with everything. I love camping, because it forces us all to spend time together that would otherwise be lost to the business of life (especially my oldest--he's definitely becoming a teenager).

wdk450

Regarding Yosemite. The park is in the Sierras, about 2 hours East of US 99 (which goes down the California Central Valley 50 miles East of I-5). For a short visit, I would recommend finding a campground in Mariposa on Highway 140, and commuting to the park from there.