Here's a good one for you to ponder on

Cyberdave

While travelling the other day I had a low voltage warning on my leveling control panel. In order to get leveled etc, I had to plug in shore power. Afterwards I checked the batteries and of course they were flat at 11.5 V or so. The charger side of the converter was inop. Charged the batts and checked things out. Switch good, tight connections etc. After charging the batts, the charger on the converter seemed to hold them fine.

Now, here's the kicker.

If you disconnect shore power, you loose all internal 12v.
Leveling system works fine but, no inside DC. Plug in shore power and all is well including the charger side of the converter.

Now, how's that for a puzzle?

I'll let you know when I get if fixed.

Cyberdave

Dan, spot on and nice TS guide! You are doing good work, thank you.

A while back we were at a park where my EMS gave me an over voltage error and shut the L2 side down. Possibly the over volt popped the CB when it shut off L2, who knows.

Our Cameo was an '04 so didn't have all these protections.

wdk450

Dave and All:
We have heard of this problem so many times. What we need to remember is the the converter/charger output is connected to the battery system through the "converter" DC circuit breaker. Pop this breaker and you now have 2 separate 12 volt DC systems - One powering all of the inside lights, etc. powered by the shore plug powered converter; and one powering the landing gear, rear leveller, and slides, powered by the battery system.

All the 12 volt stuff works better when this breaker is NOT popped, but will work (some) when it IS popped.

Cyberdave

Bill,

That was also true on my ;04 but.. since it had no breakers and I was unaware of these, it threw me a curve.

Nice that newer rigs have C/B's in line also.