Hey Everyone!!!!

callowaykid

Hey everyone, we are the Calloway family. Just pulled the trigger on a 2015 Heartland Mallard M29. We are newbies to the RVing scene but are very, very excited. I literally just signed the paperwork today and went through my first walk through, we have not brought it home yet because I am still working on the parking place. We have big plans this year and I feel like we are in a great location with Savannah, Blue Ridge Mountains and the Gulf all within striking distance. My plans are to camp at several smaller parks the first several times to get used to towing and backing up this beast and slowly work our way out a little further over time. We are the last ones in our families to own a rig so I can see lots of memories being made over the years, Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

P.S. I did not see a community forum for the Mallard, am I missing something? Hopefully that Is not a bad sign.

jimtoo

Hi Calloway family,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Yep... do a really good PDI, get it all fixed, camp at the dealer if you can and use everything. When you bring it home, camp in your driveway and get to know your new toy. I think the Mallard is so new we do not have a specific area for it yet, but will soon. But if you have a problem or need a question answered, just to to the correct area in the general area of the forum and ask. Since a lot of the things are the same across all the lines it is easier to get help that way.

Enjoy the forum, join us at a rally when you can. And yes,,, you are in a beautiful area to visit and make lots of great memories.

Jim M

jbeletti

Hi callowaykid and welcome to the Heartland family and the Heartland Owners Forum!

Being in GA, you also have access to several Heartland Owners Club rallies if that might be something your family is interested in.

As for a Mallard community, there are two reasons there isn't one today.

Firstly, Most of our Travel Trailer brands roll up under the umbrella of a couple of high-level brands. And for those, we have or have had communities for.

Secondly, the ratio of travel trailer owners on the forum to 5th wheel owners on the forum is super low. And it certainly does not track sales where I believe we sell a nearly equal amount of each.

I'm hopeful that with energetic owners like yourselves and other travel trailer owners already on the forum, we can experience an appreciable lift in forum usage by travel trailer owners.

Last edited:

Crumgater

Callowaykid - WELCOME to the forum! I'll say that access to the support from the great group of people here on this forum is one of the main reasons we went with our Elkridge, and we couldn't be happier with our Heartland product!

I'm guessing there aren't too many Mallard owners (yet), due to it being a new product line?

JimB - the Mallard also does NOT show up on the heartlandrvs.com website if you go in from the top down... and it's not in the listed brand names on the left, either.

A google search found it: http://www.heartlandrvs.com/index.php?p=35&c=lightweight&sc=MA&view=specs

But you can't go from heartlandrvs.com to "lightweight trailers" and get to any "Mallard"... all that shows up is "North Trail" or "Wilderness".

Also, if you try and click to the folder for 'lightweight models' it comes back with a "URL Not Found" error. This is from the "Home:>Products:>Lightweight Trailers:>Mallard" menu at the top of the main website frame.
Unless it's just me?

jbeletti

...JimB - the Mallard also does NOT show up on the heartlandrvs.com website if you go in from the top down... and it's not in the listed brand names on the left, either...

I will turn this into Corp to look into.

By the way, I have learned that Mallard and Pioneer are Camping worlds brands only. Not sure if that's why it's harder to find info on these brands on our website or not.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
As for a Mallard community, there are two reasons there isn't one today.

Firstly, Most of our Travel Trailer brands roll up under the umbrella of a couple of high-level brands. And for those, we have or have had communities for.

Secondly, the ratio of travel trailer owners on the forum to 5th wheel owners on the forum is super low.
And it certainly does not track sales where I believe we sell a nearly equal amount of each.

I'm hopeful that with energetic owners like yourselves and other travel trailer owners already on the forum, we can experience an appreciable lift in forum usage by travel trailer owners.

What can we do to correct this???

Somehow we need to figure out how to get more non-5th-wheel trailer owners to participate here.

By the way, callowaykid . . .

Welcome to the Heartland Family . . . from a fellow non-5th-wheel pull-behinder! :cool:

Don't forget to join the Heartland Owners Club!

It is free for the first year and you will have a blast at the campouts and rallies!

We just got home a week ago from our second HOC Rally in Rifle, Colorado . . . awesome!

Here is a shot of our campsite:

Rifle2014-IMG_20140920_173417783.jpg

Hey everyone, we are the Calloway family. Just pulled the trigger on a 2015 Heartland Mallard M29. We are newbies to the RVing scene but are very, very excited. I literally just signed the paperwork today and went through my first walk through, we have not brought it home yet because I am still working on the parking place. We have big plans this year and I feel like we are in a great location with Savannah, Blue Ridge Mountains and the Gulf all within striking distance. My plans are to camp at several smaller parks the first several times to get used to towing and backing up this beast and slowly work our way out a little further over time. We are the last ones in our families to own a rig so I can see lots of memories being made over the years, Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and say hello.

P.S. I did not see a community forum for the Mallard, am I missing something? Hopefully that Is not a bad sign.

Hi, I am in your exact shoes. I live in NW Georgia, have a 2015 Mallard M29, & I am completely new to this scene! We have had a chance to take our camper to a KOA site a few miles from home to test it out for the weekend. We are looking for any tips or info you may have discovered with your camper since information is hard to find. Also have you taken any trips yet or suggestions for local spots, couple hundred miles.

Thanks and hope to share information with you!

Nic

Kbvols

What can we do to correct this???

Somehow we need to figure out how to get more non-5th-wheel trailer owners to participate here.

By the way, callowaykid . . .

Welcome to the Heartland Family . . . from a fellow non-5th-wheel pull-behinder! :cool:

Don't forget to join the Heartland Owners Club!

It is free for the first year and you will have a blast at the campouts and rallies!

We just got home a week ago from our second HOC Rally in Rifle, Colorado . . . awesome!

Here is a shot of our campsite:

View attachment 32187

JohnD, I would suspect the majority of TT owners are younger, have 2.5 kids between the ages of 8 and 14, work 40 plus hours a week, attend multiple school events a week etc.. They Probably just don't have the time to spend on the forum. I would suspect increasing participation would be difficult. With that said though I agree with you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wdk450

To Both Newbie Mallard Owners:
Welcome to the Heartland RV's family and this terrific owners website. Don't miss all of the manuals under the Tools tab at the top of any forum page. Also, you can contact any Heartlander posting on the forum by clicking on their name on any posting they make, and then clicking on PM (Private message). Maybe you two Georgian Mallardeers can have a get together at that KOA and have your own impromptu mini rally.

Happy RVing!!!

JohnD

JohnD, I would suspect the majority of TT owners are younger, have 2.5 kids between the ages of 8 and 14, work 40 plus hours a week, attend multiple school events a week etc.. They Probably just don't have the time to spend on the forum. I would suspect increasing participation would be difficult. With that said though I agree with you.

I guess that we are not the norm, as Cathy and I are both in our mid-50's . . . have 2.0 kids . . . neither of them are married and neither of them have any kids!

When they were young, I used to tell them not to count on any inheritance from us as we were doing our best to spend it all so that there would not be anything left when the time comes. :p

Ironically . . . they both understand! :angel:

New trailer . . . new truck . . . and I thought I'd throw a shot of an elk in there from our camp out in Estes Park, CO this past summer, too!

TruckTopper-IMG_20141004_142131159.jpg TruckOnLookoutMountain-IMG_20141010_134015656.jpg Rifle2014-IMG_20140920_173417783.jpg EstesParkElk2014-IMGP0732.jpg NewTruckTrailerLevel-IMG_20140918_130913251.jpg

And the Denver Bronco's just seconds ago beat the San Diego Chargers 35-21 on prime time TV . . .

Life just can't get any better than this . . . except for maybe winning the Powerball! :cool:

Or attending another Heartland Owner's Club Rally (our next one will be in Jan, 2015 in Quartzsite, Arizona). :cool: :eek: :p

Kbvols

I guess that we are not the norm, as Cathy and I are both in our mid-50's . . . have 2.0 kids . . . neither of them are married and neither of them have any kids!

When they were young, I used to tell them not to count on any inheritance from us as we were doing our best to spend it all so that there would not be anything left when the time comes. :p

Ironically . . . they both understand! :angel:

Ah but your young at heart! I read a post on a thread earlier where they mentioned you had to be a Senior 50 and above. I was like...I am 50 am I a senior? eek....I' am not ready to be a senior...LOL.

Your photo's always motivate to want to travel west.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ah but your young at heart! I read a post on a thread earlier where they mentioned you had to be a Senior 50 and above. I was like...I am 50 am I a senior? eek....I' am not ready to be a senior...LOL.

Shoot I am 39 and not looking forward to being 40...lol.

JohnD

Ironically, I have an anniversary to 'celebrate' about two hours from this moment . . .

I had a stroke four years ago today . . . I was 50 years old then.

Probably the worst day of my life . . . yet probably also the best day of my life!

Thanks for the complement on my photos . . .

I was a photojournalist for most of my adult life, and even though I am not in that business anymore, I try to make my photos jump out!

JohnD

Shoot I am 39 and not looking forward to being 40...lol.

I was born in July of 1960, and always told myself that the year 2000 (when I would turn 40 years old) was a long ways off . . .

But the year 2000 came fast and went just as fast . . .

Wow . . . 2000 was 14 1/2 years ago!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Bought our NT in 2008, 5ver in 2010, right around the 40 mark. Yes most folks on the forum and at Rallies are older in years, but not in spirit! We've met so many fun people!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Lemme see. We bought our pop-up in 2004, when I was 55. Traded it in 2006 when I was 57 for a 27ft. TT. Didn't take long to decide it was too small, even for just the two of us, so we traded it in 2008 for the BH, just before turning 60. Now that I'm rapidly approaching 66, and officially a member of the Old Farts Club, I don't think we'll be trading in this one any time soon. We are very happy with it.

JohnD

Now that I'm rapidly approaching 66, and officially a member of the Old Farts Club, I don't think we'll be trading in this one any time soon.

I may not be in 'The Old Farts Club' yet . . . but I am in the 'Farts Club'! :p