High Pointe Microwave -

SamMon

2019 Fuel 335, when I open the microwave, the light comes on and the tray starts to spin. Nothing else from what can see see works. No digital display and the buttons are inoperable. The only thing that appears to work is the internal light and the tray spins when I open the microwave door.....?????

Bogie

Sounds like the control board has gone south. Only remedy I can think of is to unplug it for a few minutes to see if it clears the problem.

A quick search of my go-to appliance parts web sites does not show parts for any Highpointe product. You can try contacting Collins at warranty@collins-n-co.com if you think it is still under warranty. Or you can call them at (574) 848-1118

Otherwise, you are probably looking at buying a replacement.

jerryjay11

I agree with Bogie. If not under warranty the least expensive way to fix is to replace. Certain components will cost more than the MW price tag. It does sound like the control board has. If you want to chance that this is the problem, you will need the Model number of your MW to look up the control. But I can tell you from my appliance experience the issue can be deeper than just the board. The control board also has a user interface (the keypad) that could be the problem. Or it could be a combination of both. Me... I'd just replace it unless it is under warranty which usually is just 1 year. Good luck.

P.S. I didn't mention it earlier... I am a retired appliance repair technician.

Last edited:

wdk450

You know, it sounds so far from normal that I would wonder if someone who didn't know what they were doing attempted a repair, and got the door switches wiring miswired. Hopefully you don't hear the magnetron loud hum when this happens.

The way my Sharp microwave works, light on and plate spinning means that microwaving is in process, and if that happens with the RF shielded door open, you become human popcorn.

An appliance repair or microwave repair shop might have wiring diagrams and parts sources. Sometimes some of these lesser known brands like High Pointe could be relabeled models of other brands. A lot of the microwave parts are now generic. A professional in repairing this stuff would know the answers. But with the high cost of repair labor, so many technical things like microwaves are pretty much disposable.

wdk450

You need your door interlock switches replaced. You'll have 3 or 4 in there, they act like a combination lock when the door is closed, often the one handling the most current will short due to the heat generated by the current flowing through it.

Random High pointe video showing switch replacement.
Great video. If you go through all of the disassembly to get to the door switches, I would change them all out since they are all the same age.

I think you should submit it to the warranty and see where the fault is so that it can be fixed in time. I also had to replace my microwave after 3 years of use, I just bought a new one last month and it makes me very happy. RecPro RPM-1-BLK RV Microwave.
This microwave is my favorite, with eight quick-cook options, ten power levels, and a 30-second quick start when you're in a hurry.

Last edited: