Hit the Reset button ...

DW and I have been scoping out the Big Horn 3755FL, but I have struggled with spending that much coin and having it stored so much of the year as I don't retire for 10-12 years yet. So we decided to down-select, hit the reset button and began looking at TTs. However, they had a floor plan that we had not seen yet, but we're curious about, the Big Country 3690SL; I don't know what the "SL" signifies as the main distinction is the rear kitchen. My DW fell in love all over again, when we full time, it will be in a rear kitchen Heartland.
So, on to the TTs: we looked at Mallard, Prowler, North Trail ... Not quite hitting our niche. DW ducked around a corner and looked at a Coleman with a rear kitchen and a living area with a double slide on opposite sides. Wide open and nice. Okay, began the search for a Heartland TT with a rear kitchen, they sold one Tuesday ... Argh. So before leaving, popped into the sales office and filled out the contact sheet while Tony grabbed the requisite brochures documenting our visit. And on the cover of the prowler version, I see a 5th wheel and TT Prowler ... Quick question, "do you have a mid-profile with a rear kitchen?" And back to the lot we to. We we're let to a very nice compromise that we can enjoy until we move to a full time unit. We toured the Sundance 3000CK; right in the wheelhouse of what we had in mind for a weekend unit and short weeklong stays a couple of times a year. May be able to save some coin as well with a 3/4 ton tow vehicle vs. a 1-ton for the full time unit. Still have on option to consider, the Sundance 3x00MKS, also a rear kitchen with a slightly different floor plan. We are still a year maybe two from pulling the trigger, but I believe we have found the layout that we will enjoy. Cheers all, and I'm hoping the future purchase is as satisfying as the journey getting to this point has been.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Always good to be scoping out the options! We've done the same through the last 3 years, as we enjoy our ElkRidge, we look longingly at the Landmarks, Bighorns and Big Countrys for our "next one". One thing is for sure, if you don't find what you're looking for, wait 6 months. The products are constantly improving, upgrading, and tweaking. Colors will change. Fabrics will change. Furniture will change. Cabinet color will change. Floor plans will change (adding and subtracting what the market wants). So don't get TOO set on aesthetics, because by the time you are ready to buy, that will not be what the latest models look like. It is good that you found a floor plan style you like, that helps narrow it down!

We currently like the front bath models now, which were not available a few years ago.

Erika

MCTalley

SL stands for "Sunken Living", referring to the fact that the mid living room is lower than the rear kitchen (two steps up) and front bed/bath (three steps up). We love our 3690SL. Shame they don't make them anymore. Sounds like they might have had another customer.