Hitch for new-to-us GMC 3500 towing 3610RE

8amps

We recently bought a new-to-us 2007 GMC 3500 dually to tow Bighorn 3610RE. It came with the B&W gooseneck hitch in it (previous owners towed horse trailer). Apparently that is compatible with either the B&W companion or a Reese hitch which are comparable in price. Or we could go with another hitch altogether but it seems like since the frame is already mounted we should go that way. Any recommendations? Thanks!

sjs731

I love my B&W Companion.

Steve and Carrie
HOC#2252
Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

8amps

Thank you. We ordered a new B&W Companion today. Will be here Thursday. Everywhere I looked was the exact same price so I am guessing that must be a minimum price set by B&W. I watched the video on how to install it ourselves, it looked relatively easy. Base is already in the truck. Anyone install the companion part themselves?

scottyb

+4 on the Companion. I had one in my Chevy and now a 2nd one in my Ford. Are you saying that the turnover ball gooseneck hitch is already mounted in your truck? If so, mounting the Companion is very easy with just a few bolts to torque.

I just hauled 1-1/2 CY of compost in my truck for my tomato garden and it is so nice to have a clean bed surface for scooping. Rails would make that process a lot more difficult.

sjs731

If you have the turnover ball like I do and like Scottyb said it's easy. I take mine out in the fall and put it in when our rig comes out of storage. 1 hold down bolt and two u bolts to torque. Hitch is 2 pieces plus the post to put in the gooseneck hole. I have removed mine during the season also if I need to haul something. No sweat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve and Carrie
HOC# 2252
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch
2012 Sundance 3300CK

8amps

Ok, thanks. It looked easy on the "how to" video - but I cannot overemphasize our newness to the whole experience. Don't want to screw anything up!