Hitch Height BH 270

Tim@Janet

Hey all! Just purchased a 2018 BH270, and need a starting point for the hitch height. What would be really nice was if there was a common place to document this variable, as we're on our 3rd TT and it's a deep dive every time trying to find the spec.! Pretty basic information one would think?
Anyway, I live in a hilly place, and Ill have to cut the receiver L-pin off (likely) once it's set correctly I see some other models are being quoted at 19" for a starting point, but I'll have to know pretty closely b/c the first time I'll see it sitting level is when we begin a 7hr. trip in 2weeks.
Any help would be appreciated - Thanks!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have a bumper pull but I have some thoughts on what I would do if I was in your shoes. Since you are hilly I would measure the front frame to the ground as well as the rear frame to the ground. Adjust the front jack till both measurements are the same. In theory your trailer should be level on a level surface. Then measure the coupler to the ground and use that measurement as a start point for your ball height.
Just my two cents.

Peace
Dave