hitch Receiver for bike rack

Boozecamp

Where is the best place to buy the hitch receiver for a bike rack? I've seen it and its got a curved beam that mounts to the rear of the BH. The curve provides clearence for the bikes to hang off the back without interfering with the coach. I believe the guy that had one on his new BH 3570 picked his up directly at the Heartland factory in Elkhart, IN. He said he only paid $150. Has anyone ordered one from the factory?

MTPockets

My receiver was factory ordered and installed, however - It has proven to be very flexible and inadequate. Once the actual bike rack is added to the receiver, the flex is so bad the bikes bounce around like a rubber ball. There was so much flex on mine that the bike handlebar, which was a good 14 inches distance from the rear window, actually put a dent in the aluminum window molding from all the bounce. The vertical support on my bike rack also broke off from all this bounce. I have since welded supports and replaced the 1 1/4" receiver with a 2" receiver which is much more rigid.. You would be much better off to have a more solid receiver fabricated.

PUG

Pug
I had a Bulldog 2500 installed. This was bolted and welded to the frame of my Cameo. I also pull a small trl with a 4 wheeler on it with no problems.

4ever

I had the one your talking about added to my rig at the dealer when I purchased the rig. It was 1-1/4 receiver and they had gotten it from Lippert. It is the same receiver that comes from the factory. As MTPockets mentions above it is not adequate. When I got home I installed the bike rack with two bikes and there was a tremendous amount of flex. I could make that receiver hitch flex up and down a couple of inches each way just pushing down on the bikes. I was not going to haul bikes with that hitch. Returned the hitch to the dealer and had Lippert weld a 2 inch receiver hitch to my frame. It is solid.

Boozecamp

I had the one your talking about added to my rig at the dealer when I purchased the rig. It was 1-1/4 receiver and they had gotten it from Lippert. It is the same receiver that comes from the factory. As MTPockets mentions above it is not adequate. When I got home I installed the bike rack with two bikes and there was a tremendous amount of flex. I could make that receiver hitch flex up and down a couple of inches each way just pushing down on the bikes. I was not going to haul bikes with that hitch. Returned the hitch to the dealer and had Lippert weld a 2 inch receiver hitch to my frame. It is solid.
Does that void your warranty?

4ever

I was told by Lippert that if they install the 2" receiver hitch then it does not void the frame warranty. If anyone else installs the 2" receiver then it would void the warranty. That is what lippert told me.