Hitches

Terrmike

Getting ready to purchase 3685rl Bighorn. Will be pulling with 2008 Dodge 3500 diesel shortbed. This is my first 5th wheel so I need to find out my best option for the hitch - Reese, B&W, slider, etc?

danemayer

Hi Terrmike,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people. I'm sure you'll get some advice shortly.

While waiting to see what people have to say, you might also want to browse some of the prior discussions on this subject in the Towing Hitches and Pin Boxes subforum.

Snow

B & W 😄 simple ,clean looking , easy hookup , ⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️⛄️

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
What is the bed length?? If over 6' you would be OK with a non-slider. If shorter, I would get a slider just in case. You might want to consider a Mor/Ryde pinbox or?? to stop all the chucking while driving.

aRAYwego

Wish some of you needing a slider were closer. Been trying to basically give away a Superglide with only 8 trips on it in the vegas area.

brianlajoie

I got a superglide for my set up. I was having problems hitching since this was my first rig. Thankfully Pullrite sent a tech to me and we reviewed the truck set up and then we went to where I store the trailer and reviewed hooking and unhooking the trailer. I really appreciate the extra effort the rep made to see me in action and train / educate me where I fell short. I learned so much from the Pullrite rep that my wife and I are now 100% confident in maintaining and using our hitch. If you are not a pro with hitches, make sure that someone shows you how to maintain, hook up and unhook your rig. It is suprising that several shops knew how to install the hitch, but had no clue how to use it. The superglide has an adjustable stop that you set to eliminate most chucking (the tech had me adjust it). Good luck with your choice.