HL everywhere at Bristol, TN

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Heartlands were well represented at Bristol's Nascar races this past weekend (8-22). Our BC, a Cyclone and a Big Horn were camping at 186 Campgrounds. Looking up the hill, low and behold there was a Landmark (see attached). Not sure if this was timdebs rig or not. Leaving on Sunday passed an Elkridge getting on I81 from I26, ran side by side down I81 with another Cyclone from GA (white chevy tv), at the rest stop was a Landmark pulled by a bronze color ford dually and then passed another Landmark on I40 near MM 417 (white tv).

Attachments

• DSCN1261.jpg
    DSCN1261.jpg
    749 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCN1262.jpg
    DSCN1262.jpg
    797.4 KB · Views: 38

timdebs

Nabo it was us, I am sorry we missed you. We still have not figured out where the time went.

BIG_ZD

Where did you guys stay? I have tickets to the spring race again and I am trying to find a good place to stay. Last year we tent camped. I just bought an 09 North Trail and where we stayed last year wont have enought room for it. Any sugestions on good places to camp?

timdebs

We stayed at Race Day Campground right across the street from the track. The sites are full hook ups (50 amp) 20 x 50 level gravel lots. Pricey but well worth it and have put our name in for next year. There are a lot of other campgrounds around that are cheaper, but you need to be careful because are VERY UNLEVEL or can be very muddy. IT was very nice being able to walk back to the camper in 10-15 minutes.

BIG_ZD

Thanks for the info. We tent camped on Old Thomson Bridge road or something like that in the spring but the camper wont fit there. Im looking into the level lots, the wife isnt to happy when we have to jack it up alot. You have a Bassador is that half basset half lab? We got a Beassett half basset half beagle named Darlington.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Thanks for the info. We tent camped on Old Thomson Bridge road or something like that in the spring but the camper wont fit there. Im looking into the level lots, the wife isnt to happy when we have to jack it up alot. You have a Bassador is that half basset half lab? We got a Beassett half basset half beagle named Darlington.

My brother had a Basset ....Beagle mix was a real cool looking dog. We thought it was Basseagle.:D....Kenny

timdebs

I know ddhburns has a "Blabador" blood hound and lab mix. There are picture of L.E. under my profile, would like to see pictures of a basseagle or beassett. ddhburns has picture of his blabador under his profile.

As far as camping at Bristol there are cheaper places to camp but we really like Race Day. We used to stay in Boone and drive back and forth to the races only an hour and 15 minute drive on nice road, but by the time you paid motel bill, eating out every meal, parking, and not consider the time waiting in traffic lines and on the road, we figure camping at the track is the cheapest and definitely the most fun. Is it March yet?

BIG_ZD

Im waiting on a call back from race day to get prices and reserve a spot if they have any left. I remeber seeing that spot when we went in the spring time. So we will see. Cant wait till March!

I posted pictures of Darlington in my profile.

timdebs

I will make sure my DW sees those pictures. I uploaded some pictures of our camping spot and site under my profile. Nabo do you have any pictures of your camping spot you can upload????

timdebs

I could have, but had plenty of room at end, plus the guys next door had corn hole and washer toss set up in front of our camper. One nice thing is a person in a golf cart was coming by at least once a hour selling bags of ice and fire wood. Have you ever seen the hauler parade? Really neat, super nice trucks.

BIG_ZD

A guy at work who I get my tickets from told me about it and said that it was vey impressive. When the truck race was in Manfield Ohio we went there and saw the hauler parade, probly not as impressive as the Cup guys but it was still pretty cool!