Holding Tank Roof Vents

prty5er

I have a 2013 Bighorn 3010re. I was going to install a cyclone sewer vent, but when I looked at my rooftop configuration, there are two roof vent pipes next to each other. There is also the roof vent over where the washer and dryer are. Does anyone know what each vent goes to? I know there are 2 gray and 1 black tank, but I could not find any diagrams for the plumbing vents. I am not sure if both gray tanks are connected to one roof vent, or if the washer/dryer vent takes care of one of the gray tanks by itself. If anyone has had experience placing a cyclone vent on this model, or any other information on the plumbing system would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

Roller4tan

The door side vent is for the black tank,the one next to it one of the gray tanks. I put the cyclone vent on the door side. There was not enough pipe sticking out to screw it correctly, so I had to do some creative engineering and lots of caulk, LOL.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
The washer vent should be paired with your bathroom vent to the same tank. At least that's how my BH3670 is plumbed.
I put a Cyclone vent on my w/d vent and on my black tank vent. That took care of two of the three tanks. Trace

Jim.Allison

Take out basement wall and you can see it all. (not trying to be a poet)

I have a 2013 Bighorn 3010re. I was going to install a cyclone sewer vent, but when I looked at my rooftop configuration, there are two roof vent pipes next to each other. There is also the roof vent over where the washer and dryer are. Does anyone know what each vent goes to? I know there are 2 gray and 1 black tank, but I could not find any diagrams for the plumbing vents. I am not sure if both gray tanks are connected to one roof vent, or if the washer/dryer vent takes care of one of the gray tanks by itself. If anyone has had experience placing a cyclone vent on this model, or any other information on the plumbing system would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ken

prty5er

Thanks for the help. I went ahead and did a bit of experimenting on my own. I removed all three roof vent caps and put my running garden hose down each. As Roller4tan had said, the door side (I had decided to call it the starboard vent :)) is indeed the black tank. Interestingly enough both the port side vent and the washer/dryer vent filled up the bathroom gray tank (Tank 1). I can only assume that both the galley & bathroom gray tanks are Y'ed together somewhere for venting; probably to the port side vent. I am going to do the same as TandT did and place a cyclone on the black and W/D roof vents. I had thought about maybe extending the port vent higher to be able to attach another cyclone, but I am not sure if I want to go to all that trouble.

Again, thanks for the help,

Ken

prty5er

Well, I went ahead and raised the port side vent pipe so I could put another cyclone on. We will see how it holds up on our next road trip.

Happy trails!

aqydazy4.jpg