Honda EU7000IS

I searched but posts I found are pretty old but I'm glad I came across this forum.

I purchased this generator to run my Elkridge 5th wheel when no hookups are available. I have 1 13500 A/C and 1 15000 A/C. When I use the 4 prong 30a to 50a adaptor https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XXBF1G5/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 1 A/C runs fine but when I turn on the 2nd A/C the generator overloads.

I was thinking about going this route and using both 30a plugs with the 120/240 switch set to 120.

https://www.amazon.com/Conntek-50-A...UGI/ref=pd_sxp_grid_i_1_2/187-6966118-0486960
and
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_...ywords=conntek+14872&rh=i:aps,k:conntek+14872 or similar/cheaper $

Has anyone tried this? I should get 30a from plug 1 and plug 4a if I'm reading the manual correctly pgs 39-40

http://cdn.powerequipment.honda.com/pe/pdf/manuals/00X31Z376011.pdf

Any help or suggestions welcomed

Tim

avvidclif

That adapter should take care of it IF the 2 RV AC's are on separate legs. Go into the RV breaker box and make sure one AC is on Line 1 and the other on Line 2. Also verify the adapter is wired 4A to one leg and 4B to the other.

That adapter should take care of it IF the 2 RV AC's are on separate legs. Go into the RV breaker box and make sure one AC is on Line 1 and the other on Line 2. Also verify the adapter is wired 4A to one leg and 4B to the other.

Looks like both a/c are on the same leg

Just checked the 4a/4b and both sides are 120v like they should be.

5830810791992d57229e6ead9f714b37.jpg
a26ca433c300445e945170471b5b30ed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SLO

I think they're on separate legs. Bedroom and front A/C is a duplex breaker and snap on to one leg. GFI and rear A/C is another duplex breaker and snap on to the second leg. I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think they're on separate legs. Bedroom and front A/C is a duplex breaker and snap on to one leg. GFI and rear A/C is another duplex breaker and snap on to the second leg. I think.

Thanks for the reply but I guess I’m confused by the wiring diagram. To me it looks like one leg is on half the 50a top and the other is on the other 50a on the bottom but it’s been a while since I worked on electrical stuff.

danemayer

The type of breaker panel you have appears to be split in the middle. The middle has the two 50 amp mains, each representing a power leg. The breakers to the right of center belong to the right-hand main, and the breakers on the left belong to the left-hand main. So you do appear to have both A/C units on one leg.

With power disconnected, if you pull the breaker panel away from the wall, you should be able to swap one of the A/C unit breakers with a breaker on the other leg.

SLO

The only way to tell for sure is pull the cover plate and take a look. The main breakers could be anywhere along the panel. They could be at the top, bottom or middle. I think the two hot legs usually alternate one breaker to the next. Since you have duplex breakers they alternate every two breakers. So breakers 1 & 2 on leg A, breakers 3 & 4 on leg B, breakers 5 & 6 on leg A, and so on. But, of course, I could be completely wrong.

The only way to tell for sure is pull the cover plate and take a look. The main breakers could be anywhere along the panel. They could be at the top, bottom or middle. I think the two hot legs usually alternate one breaker to the next. Since you have duplex breakers they alternate every two breakers. So breakers 1 & 2 on leg A, breakers 3 & 4 on leg B, breakers 5 & 6 on leg A, and so on. But, of course, I could be completely wrong.

Thanks for the replies. I’ll disconnect the house power and the batteries tomorrow and pull the cover off and see if I can make heads or tails out of it. Sucks dropping 4K on a gen only to see it overload when the 2nd a/c kicks in. We are in Las Vegas and we need both a/c when hookups are not available.

avvidclif

Your power panel is different from mine but just a guess is everything to the left is on one side and the right is on the other which would put both AC's on the same leg. Me I would swap the W/D and the Bedroom AC wires. And relabel the breaker box for future reference.

Your power panel is different from mine but just a guess is everything to the left is on one side and the right is on the other which would put both AC's on the same leg.

I’m thinking about swapping the fan/wd breaker with one of the a/c breakers if there is enough wire behind the panel. Thank you for replying.

esscobra

I had same gen with previous trailer- which I converted to 50 amp and installed the upgraded circuit panel and 2nd a/c my self- I had 1 a/c on each side of main breaker- looks like both are on same leg in yours- but I also had better luck using camco adaptor and leaving in 120 mode- it has more amps that way

SLO

After looking at WFCOs web site. It does look like they are on the same leg, just like everyone else said (except for me). This wiring detail shows a little more info than the wiring detail you uploaded. It show an example of a 30a setup and all the breakers are to the left of the main breaker. Sorry for my misinformation. I'm a plumbing contractor not electrical.

http://wfcoelectronics.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/8930-50-Installation-Manual.pdf

After looking at WFCOs web site. It does look like they are on the same leg, just like everyone else said (except for me). This wiring detail shows a little more info than the wiring detail you uploaded. It show an example of a 30a setup and all the breakers are to the left of the main breaker. Sorry for my misinformation. I'm a plumbing contractor not electrical.

http://wfcoelectronics.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/8930-50-Installation-Manual.pdf

Thank you for replying. I’m going to see if I can move the rear ac to the other side if wires permit