Hot lead vs RV Walls

Bones

What size shot shell...2 3/4 or something larger? What size shot...#7 small game, Buck shot, or a pumpkin ball?
Regardless one wouldn't want to be on the receiving end in close quarters such as in or just outside a 2" camper wall
Ever see what a shotgun does to a gallon water jug ...!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No I havent. I have 2 and 3/4 inch shells for target practice

Bones

I wish I lived in an area I could actually do that in. I would end up in handcuffs behind bars somewhere for a long time.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
You'll have to come to my neck of the woods, we can do that here!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

porthole

Retired
Dave, did you run a rod through all the holes to see if they stayed in line?
curious to see how much deflection from one panel to the next.

Gtoli

I have a box of these to evaluate for my agency, would really like to test a couple against rv walls.

��image.jpeg

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Duane, sorry I didn't reply sooner.
All but one caliber went straight with the exception being the .380. It did deflect a bit, not much, maybe about 3".
The panels are up north so I can't say for sure if that is accurate but I will measure this coming week when I get back there.

Peace
Dave

Crossbow

RV walls don't have any real stopping power to any bullets unless you hit a stud and and even then it will only remotely slow it down etc. My suggestion is get out of that RV if you are getting shot at! You might could line your under bed with ballistic plate and go hide there but that is the best you could do inside the RV.
Best to get out and get behind some sand bags. They will even stop a 50bmg.

Jim.Allison

Interesting thread. Yesterday I found what I believe to be a bullet strike on the side of my rig. what ever it was, it was heavy enough to make a dent where the metal skirt meets the floor deck, but slow enough that it did not penetrate, but rather leave a perfectly concave divet. I have no idea where this might have happened, while parked maybe, or while rolling. If it was a bullet, it was a large caliber pistol bullet. And if it happened on the road, it happened 2 weeks ago on a trip to El Paso. I do not discount the fact that it could be an errant ricochet from a pistol round fired at a skunk or other pest where I park my rig, as that side faces a farm house.

Last edited:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I don't own a gun . . . so have no known issues.

I have considered getting one to protect us from bears or other wildlife that we might find in the wild of the Rocky Mountains!

RoyalGorgeDino--P7030399.jpg

Although I have heard that bullets won't stop Godzilla . . . :cool: