Hot water heater

We have a new Elkridge and can't figure out how to get hot water? The water is on and we flipped the switch on the contr panel. Maybe something else we have to do?

Dan54

On our Landmark there is a switch on the water heater. Remove the outside cover & ours is on the left side. It’s partially hidden so you might need to look closely. Just an on/off rocker switch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2019_V22

There is often a master 110v switch on the water heater it's self that needs to be on for the 110v to work.

Capture.JPG

danemayer

If the rig was winterized, the water heater was drained of water and then bypassed. The water from the campground spigot or from the water pump may just be going around the water heater. If you've had the electric heating element turned on with the water heater bypassed, the element may have burned out, requiring replacement.

While hooked up to campground water, open the Temperature/Pressure Relief Valve on the outside of the water heater to see if any water comes out. In the photo from the prior post, it's the thing near the top. Use a pair of pliers as the water coming out could be hot.

BigFry

Yes, always confirm that there is water in the hot water tank before turning it on using the Pressure Relief Valve to confirm that water is coming out. An empty tank will quickly burn out the heating element. Ask me how I know :)