How are the roads through North Dakota?

TXBobcat

Fulltime
We are heading toward Washington State from here. I have heard that the roads through northern/western part of North Dakota are in bad shape due to Oil Tankers Also that campgrounds are full with construction people.

We really don't want to go through South Dakota again and were wondering how bad it is to get a campground site and how the highways are through North Dakota.

We are going to be on Hwy 2 when we leave Ontonagon MI and follow Hwy 2 west. Would it be better to stay on Hwy 2 or travel on I-94.

Is there any suggestions on Campgrounds through North Dakota.

Thanks
BC

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: What does it look like through North Dakota..

Bobcat, I can't help you with ND, but if you take US 2 and need a CG in WI, there is a nice city park in Ashland. Krier City Park.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

brianharrison

I travelled 2 through ND a couple of years back and the road was OK for pulling. Not much to see but neither is north of the 49th through Manitoba and Saskatchewan.

We stayed in Lewis and Clark state park in west ND, I would stay again. It is near Williston.

Once in MT - there are even less campgrounds on the north side. I look back in our log book (at home) this evening. Is your plan to come across the border at Sweetgrass MT into Alberta Canada?

Brian

There is an farm machinery campground and museum that I wanted to go see but we ran out of time - it is the Dale and Martha Hawk Museum (click for link) - it has a good review on campground RVparksreview(dot)com. Abgout 10 miles north of Hwy 2 north east of Rugby, ND.

dewwood

We traveled US 2 last year and western ND is very crowded with trucks and construction workers I would avoid it if we traveled that way again. We ended up going down to 94 at Teddy Roosevelt NP and traveled it eastward to Minnesota and angled back up to US 2. We did stay at a motel and campground in Glasgow MT which was pretty nice and there is shopping there as well. That is about a days drive from East Glacier.