How can I manually close an automatic awning?

dgano1147

Does anybody know how to manually close an automatic awning? We opened the one over the garage door on our 2015 Edge 357 toy hauler and it will not come back in. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

dgano1147

Re: Smoke from LED lighting

We already did. Not that. We have contacted a carefree dealer in this area and he us coming out. Thanks

danemayer

Check the blue pouch full of manuals that came with the RV. There should be a Carefree document and it probably has a tool that can be used to manually retract the awning, along with instructions.

wdk450

Does anybody know how to manually close an automatic awning? We opened the one over the garage door on our 2015 Edge 357 toy hauler and it will not come back in. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you

Click on the "Tools" tab at the top of the page. Click on "Manuals", "External", "Awnings", then "Carefree". Select your model of awning. Here is a direct link to the manual for now, but the manuals library is a resource on this website that you can use anytime you have internet access. At the beginning of the manual is a procedure to get your awning in using a 3/8 inch ratchet and extension.
http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/...free/CareFree Marquee Awning-OwnersManual.pdf

dgano1147

Thank you, we will see if we got that. We know we don't have a carefree manual.

dgano1147

Click on the "Tools" tab at the top of the page. Click on "External", then "Awnings", then "Carefree". Select your model of awning. Here is a direct link to the manual for now, but the manuals library is a resource on this website that you can use anytime you have internet access. At the beginning of the manual is a procedure to get your awning in using a 3/8 inch ratchet and extension.
http://manuals.heartlandowners.org/...free/CareFree Marquee Awning-OwnersManual.pdf
Thank you so much.

dgano1147

Click on the "Tools" tab at the top of the page. Click on "Manuals", "External", "Awnings", then "Carefree". Select your model of awning. Here is a direct link to the manual for now, but the manuals library is a resource on this website that you can use anytime you have internet access. At the beginning of the manual is a procedure to get your awning in using a 3/8 inch ratchet and extension.
Thanks. That should get it closed,but I guess we have to get it fixed too.

dgano1147

We just had a carefree representative and he has no idea what to do. LOL. gone to call Carefree to see what to do.

dgano1147

The guy came back after talking to carefree and used a 3/8 Sq socket wrench and extention. Got it closed. Showed us how to do it ourselves next time and charged us $20.00. LOL

- - - Updated - - -

No. No spring on awning. Motor driven. Small awning over our garage door. Thanks for replying.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Pull the switch out of the wall and check the wire connections they might be loose. you can also swap the wires to see if it will come in and not go out. but mark them first so you know where they go.
e221bce9d986db88537233e06d38c424.jpg

15da828a5d52fa2aace064dc432aaac0.jpg

wdk450

Production line screw-ups of wire crimp connections are very common. If the awning got much use before it failed, you might see some discoloration on the bad crimp connection, you can also pull on the wires to see if they separate from a loose crimp joint. You can nest think about re-terminating all the wires involved to find the bad crimp. Before the last step, I would first swap out the switches, which may have bad internal contacts. If it were my rig, I would SOLDER all of the crimp connections if I was going to change them all. A GOOD SOLDERED/crimped joint is 10 times more reliable (in my opinion) than a regular crimped joint. I speak as a retired electronics tech.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

And then it could just be that the motor took a dump. Happened to our Dometic awning the first year we had it. Fortunately, it was still under warranty and it failed while retracted.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

When it took a dump did it work one way and not the ether ? I think he said it would go out but not in ...

Sent from Jerrod's phone with Tape talk

wdk450

I would agree that getting 12 volts DC DIRECTLY to the motor for an instant to see if the motor reacts would probably be the first thing to do, and possibly rule out motor failure. Then go to the wiring/switches.

dgano1147

I would agree that getting 12 volts DC DIRECTLY to the motor for an instant to see if the motor reacts would probably be the first thing to do, and possibly rule out motor failure. Then go to the wiring/switches.
Thank you. It was just stuck. They manually pulled it in and we have to be sure we don't open it all the way. Works fine for now. Have a great day.

TxCowboy

Thank you. It was just stuck. They manually pulled it in and we have to be sure we don't open it all the way. Works fine for now. Have a great day.

Why can't it be opened all the way? Was it "fixed"?

You have a 2015 RV. It should be repaired to full performance.