How close was your actually delivery to the factory offline date?

hamangum

We have an order placed and was told the offline date would be 4/20. To date, I have been unsuccessful at getting the dealership or Heartland to find out where my unit is and when I can pick it up. Just curious what everyone's experiences were?
Thanks!

sjandbj

Hamangum,
I had a great experience with the deliver process. The dealer called me and said the rig was in transit and I was to expect it in 5 days. That afternoon it arrived at the dealer. All they could tell me was it was shipped and even then were off by at least 3 days. Not the best communication I have found but the customer service at Heartland has been excellent so far. The dealer should be able to get a ship date that the rig left the factory at a minimum.

Regards,
Steve

OEFVET

The most common delay is caused by the transporters. Sometimes they get backlogged. Especially in the winter due to inclimate weather. You should not have that issue but they do get backlogged.

hamangum

I called Heartland myself and they said it was completed and offline but they are checking to see where it is. Dealer tells me they are only a few hours away and go pick it up themselves. Who knows. I am getting very aggravated with this process. Nobody seems to have any ugency. Thanks for your responses.

OEFVET

My rig arrived in December. It was built in October. I was told the delay was due to the transporter backlog. I too was unable to get updates during the process. Hang in there! When it arrives I'm sure you will love it.

AAdams

We got a call from our dealer on the 17th that Heartland said it was built and ready for pickup. They went and got it to take it back to Grand Rapids this week. We are scheduled to pick up on May 5th. They do have to do all the normal prep work and also install the Travl'er sat dish etc...

Crumgater

Our rig was about 2 weeks behind the expected delivery date (I think 4 weeks total)... and it arrived with a flat tire. We have no idea how many miles were put on the rig with the flat, as it would barely hold pressure for 12 hours at a time (completely flat every morning). They had to give us a whole new wheel - that one was cracked. Made us a bit leery about the delivery driver's experiences... but since then, we haven't had any issues [knock on wood]. We did put new tires on last year, before our 4th year traveling. We didn't have that many miles on the tires, but didn't want to push our luck with the towmax.

pday1213

Had call from dealer, Wilkins RV, Bath, NY said that our coach went offline and was delivered to the dealer within a week. I thought this was very fast considering it was mid-December and wasn't sure on weather coming from IN to NY.

BLHFUN

ours was 3 weeks late... Then the dealer said it was ready, but would be another 10 to 15 days for transport. (May). So I said very politely.... Get in the dang truck and go get it! 😣. The dealer drove 1000 miles round trip and picked it up the next day. They only had 1000 bucks for a deposit. Funny how fast they move when you tell them you're waking away from the deposit.

hamangum

Thanks to all that replied. We pick up ours tomorrow. After I called Heartland myself, our unit mysteriously arrived at the dealer!
I saw a delviery checklist of sorts on this forum somewhere that I planned to reference before I leave the dealership but now cannot find it. Any one know where it is or have one?

Thanks