How do I get the street side front elec jack out on a BC3250?

GOTTOYS

Need to replace the legs on my front electric jacks. The leg on the street side is boxed in by the front storage compartment and the tin wall in the propane compartment. I need to remove the wall in the propane compartment to gain access. It looks like it is just siliconed in place ??? Can't see any fasteners. Any ideas??...Don

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I see nobody's helped you out yet
Maybe post some pictures of what we're dealing with and that will help us help you...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

MTPockets

I've often thought the same about our front hydraulic leg, drivers side. Maybe a call to the factory. Let us know.

GOTTOYS

I've often thought the same about our front hydraulic leg, drivers side. Maybe a call to the factory. Let us know.
I called Heartland Customer Service today and talked to a very personable guy named Ron. I can access the lower clamp bolt from underneath. The bolt for the upper clamp as well as the bolt that holds the crossbar for the drive on cannot be accessed easily. The conclusion was to either pull off the lower part of the front wall or cut a hole in the galvanized tin liner for the propane bottle compartment then screw or rivet a patch over the hole. I'm going to do some measuring and cut a hole. Putting a patch over it with self tapping screws will also allow me to gain access to the leg and enable me to grease it. To remove the leg you must have the leg retracted all the way and remove it through the opening in the bottom. Of course you need to be on your hitch or sitting on some jacks. New legs are $120.00 each after some shopping online. It looks like they now come with grease fittings which they were lacking before. Mine should be here in a couple days and Hopefully I'll be an expert at changing them by the weekend....Don

MTPockets

I called Heartland Customer Service today and talked to a very personable guy named Ron. I can access the lower clamp bolt from underneath. The bolt for the upper clamp as well as the bolt that holds the crossbar for the drive on cannot be accessed easily. The conclusion was to either pull off the lower part of the front wall or cut a hole in the galvanized tin liner for the propane bottle compartment then screw or rivet a patch over the hole. I'm going to do some measuring and cut a hole. Putting a patch over it with self tapping screws will also allow me to gain access to the leg and enable me to grease it. To remove the leg you must have the leg retracted all the way and remove it through the opening in the bottom. Of course you need to be on your hitch or sitting on some jacks. New legs are $120.00 each after some shopping online. It looks like they now come with grease fittings which they were lacking before. Mine should be here in a couple days and Hopefully I'll be an expert at changing them by the weekend....Don
. Thanks; that's what I'll have to do to access mine.. Cut a hole thru the propane storage compartment then secure a piece back over the hole.. I think I'll get a piece larger than the hole to make it easier to secure.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

If your going to cut a hole in there, I would cut as big of hole as possible so that your not fighting to get in there and get the job done. You can start small to locate everything then go bigger and bigger leaving a edge to screw to cover plate to. Depending on how big the propane door would determine how big of hole you should cut.
You could cut out the whole thing and put a full size cover in there. Make it look like it came that way. I still haven't see it yet, so I'm going on my imagination. LOL

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

GOTTOYS

I bought a sheet of galvanized tin from the local hardware for $6.00. It's normally used for a return air drop on a house. Should be big enough for anything I want to butcher on my trailer. Might be a good idea to cut out the whole section, leaving a flange around the edge to screw the new panel to. Good idea...Don

Roller4tan

I'd also seal around the flange with caulk so no gas odors gets into the adjacent compartment and vents down.
my 2 cents.