How do you order a RV?

dctexas65

Hello;
Hubby and I will be purchasing a Landmark San Antonio towards end of the year because we cannot locate one with everything we want/need. So my questions are:
Is there a build sheet available with costs?
How does it work with a trade-in and deposit when ordering?
Would like to buy in Texas but other states are optional.

jimtoo

Hi dctexas65,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

You can look online at dealers and do it by phone, but I would go and set in the office and talk to the boss. There are some things the dealer may not know about, but a phone call to the factory will do a lot of good when ordering and talking about options that may be added. Explore USA is a very good Texas dealer and maybe closest to you.

Jim M

jnbhobe

MSRP prices are posted here on the forum for all models, but talk to the factory as there are some hidden options

pegmikef

Is there a build sheet available with costs?
How does it work with a trade-in and deposit when ordering?

Yes there are build sheets that list most of the options and their respective MSRP. Also there is a second less published build sheet that lists additional options. I would see a dealer and if he is any good he should have both these options sheets or can get them from Heartland. Remember the MSRP on the coach and each option is negotiable. I personally shoot for about 30 percent off as a starting point.

I ordered my Big Horn from a dealer in Abilene (Big Country RV) and he gave me a very good deal. In my case we started negotiations via email and he gave me a price for my trade sight unseen based on the make and year and my word that it was in excellent condition. He required a ten percent deposit to order my Big Horn.

Sometimes you can get a better deal ordering one because the dealer is really risking nothing and has no floor plan or overhead for the ordered rig since you are paying for everything. Good luck. BTW my dealer does not carry landmarks.

Cjackg

Contact BIG DADDY RVs .com and they will help with the whole process.

We ordered from them and when we went to pick up our new 2015 Cyclone everything was ready and exactly as we had specified.
Their prices are second to none and you can take care of all the details on the phone.

You can contact them via the internet or at 855-460-1013.

MugRV.JPG 3110-1stDay.jpg

Kbvols

Great Lakes RV in Elkhart could assist also. I believe if I was going to order an RV I would get a build sheet and get priced out at a dealer then do the same at a couple more dealers to get best pricing.

Last edited:

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We ordered our Landmark from Explore USA in Mesquite. It was a easy process and they took our 2008 Bighorn in trade. You can find an option sheet here...//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/42908-Landmark-MSRP-Updated-2-1-2014, and the dealer can work through their Heartland rep for some items that may not be on the MSRP/option sheet.

We received an excellent trade in price and they gave us almost 28% off the MSRP with all the options that we wanted...would definitely order from them again...Good Luck!

Seren

We bought our Landmark Grand Canyon from RV's For Less in Knoxville. We drove from Panama City to pick it up. When the time comes to buy another RV it will be a Heartland from RV's For Less, even if we have to drive from Washington State. Let me just say this, the owners gives out his cell number to those who buy and wants the new owners to call at anytime if there is a question or problem.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

brianlajoie

We also bought our fiver from the net. Have you checked RVtrader or RVnet? That's how I located my rig. Happy hunting.

dcwettstein

I ordered my BH from my local dealer. Any problems I go to him. Great dealer in east central Wisconsin. Wagners RV Sales.