How do you turn on the light under the entry steps??

I am new to Heartland and just purchased a 2013 Landmark Key Largo. Still learning a lot of the features. There appears to be a light on the frame that lights up the stair way when it is extended but I can't figure out how to turn on the light?? Let me know if you have the answer. Thanks in advance.

Garypowell

It normally is turned on with a remote that is included when new. 2013 sounds like it could be "used" or if nothing else left on he lot for a while which means someone else might have gotten remote.

If needed I have heard HL can sell you one.

The he remote can also open rooms and.....???? I don't use mine.

danemayer

Hi Jerrypotts,

Congratulations on the new Key Largo.

Check in your documentation pouch and in every drawer and cabinet. The remote has escaped the attention of many new owners. If you can't find it, ask your dealer to find it or get you one. If a new remote is needed, they may have to help you with programming the receiver to accept commands from the remote.

Hi Jerrypotts,

Congratulations on the new Key Largo.

Check in your documentation pouch and in every drawer and cabinet. The remote has escaped the attention of many new owners. If you can't find it, ask your dealer to find it or get you one. If a new remote is needed, they may have to help you with programming the receiver to accept commands from the remote.

Thanks, I found the remote and it turned on the step light. I think that is really odd that this is the only way to turn on this light, maybe it's just me? Anyway thanks to all for letting me know how to do it.

jbeletti

Thanks, I found the remote and it turned on the step light. I think that is really odd that this is the only way to turn on this light, maybe it's just me? Anyway thanks to all for letting me know how to do it.

Jerry,

I agree that it's an odd-choice for the remote control with no wall switch in addition. But I don't make those decisions. If the step light is something you hope to use often and really prefer not to use the remote control for it, you can likely ask your dealer to add a switch for it.

That lighting circuit is likely wired to a relay on a relay board behind your switch control panel. Making no excuses - just offering ideas :)

Jim

Garypowell

I just installed an LED light outside in its own bezel that I configured out of a small plastic box. I had previously installed some lights on our inside steps for night use. They have their own switch. So I tied the the new outside light to that switch.