How does Heartland compare with other models...reading lots of bad reviews, but...

ADIRKS30

Hi Boisedad,

If you browse the some of the 400,000+ posts on this forum, you'll find there's a huge group of satisfied Heartland Owners participating. We socialize in a very active owners club, share information about problems and fixes, lend each other a hand and if you read on, you'll find out that Heartland does a pretty good job of supporting owners.

If you look under the covers so to speak, you'll find out that similar trailers from different manufacturers may have very similar components. The furnace is probably from Suburban. The water heater is going to be either Atwood or Suburban. The refrigerator is from Dometic or Norcold. The frame is usually from Lippert. Axles are from Lippert or Dexter. There will be some difference in how the trailer is assembled, whether the floor and roof are an integrated multi-layer system, how the sidewalls are built, and of course many other differences that may affect your camping experience, but which will be difficult to see.

The big difference is how the company supports owners. The vast majority of us have found Heartland to go beyond what they have to do. Many of us have been in situations where it would have been difficult to get to a dealer for service and Heartland has shipped us warranty parts for self-install. Our first winter, while skiing in Colorado, we had a problem with the furnace thermostat. Dometic insisted we take the rig to a dealer, which would have meant driving over 100 miles on snow covered mountain roads. Heartland stepped in and got Dometic to ship the thermostat and other parts to ensure we could fix the problem. If there's no Heartland dealer nearby, with advance approval, Heartland will usually allow you to use a non-Heartland shop or independent for service.

We've used our Landmark for nearly 5 years including over 40,000 miles, 5 extended ski trips in the Colorado mountains down to -30 (F) and summers at hot as 108 (F) in Moab, UT. We love it and have been full-time since last June.

I'm sure others will join in with their thoughts.

Who do I talk to at Heartland to get this to happen? Ive jad a nightmare with my local "Authorized Heartland Repair Center", its been 3 months since I took a day off work to have them look at warranty issues and get a quote for Heartland to start a warranty claim. Ive bugged Heartlamd and the repiar center for 3 months now amd still havent heard a thing. My 1 one year warranty mark is now past so I suppose I am already out of luck. I really wish I could be one of these 100% satisfied Heartlamd customers, every rv park we stay in we get told how nice the Cyclone looks, I hate having to always tell them its not as pretty as it looks. :-(

fredwrichardson

Past New Mexico Chapter Leader
Almost everyone has issues when you are talking about hauling a house behind your car or truck. From a $5,000 trailer to a $1,000,000 motorhome the forums are full of horror stories. I got my unit in December and yes it had issues and I was working with a local repair shop that could of done better but when I brought this to the attention of Heartland they jumped all over it and made it right. If you are getting the run a round with the local repair shop then escalate the issue to Heartland.

danemayer

Who do I talk to at Heartland to get this to happen? Ive jad a nightmare with my local "Authorized Heartland Repair Center", its been 3 months since I took a day off work to have them look at warranty issues and get a quote for Heartland to start a warranty claim. Ive bugged Heartlamd and the repiar center for 3 months now amd still havent heard a thing.

Hi ADIRKS30,

I'm not sure what you mean by "I've bugged Heartland", but Heartland Customer Service should be able to tell you very precisely whether the dealer has ordered any parts or started any warranty claim work. On Monday, call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. Find out exactly what's going on.