How have you used Rescue Tape...

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I was using some Rescue Tape when I put lamps in the basement for heat. I use two aluminum reflectors with 150W bulbs and they keep a good temperature. However one of the reflectors would not screw down tight and flopped around. On a lark I took the reflector off and wrapped a bit around the lamp socket then rolled it down to form a ring. I rolled it off and screwed the reflector back on then put the tape ring on it and whala it worked great.

I also use Rescue tape on my Trailer ladder to keep the portable ladder I hang on a rack from scoring the verticle aluminum ladder tube. Works great.

If you use Rescue tape how have you used it?

http://www.rescuetape.com/

I have been wanting to ask this for some time.

BC

olcoon

Last winter after we had gotten into TX, I decided it was safe to de-winterize the camper. When I turned one of the valves on the hot water heater, it came apart in my hand. Couldn't put it back together, so it was time to learn about pex fittings & buy the stuff to install them. Finally got things taken care of, and then had a leak where the line goes into the water heater. Couldn't get it to stop, went back to Home Depot, bought a new valve, installed it...still leaking. Then I remembered what Ken said when I bought the Rescue Tape, and made an "O" ring & put it in the valve. Guess what, it worked & is still in there 1 year later & still not leaking! My Uncle was a welder & he said he could weld anything except the break of day & a broken heart...wonder if Rescue Tape is the same?

piet10

Rescue Tape is a staple for me in the truck, trailer, and workshop. Its amazing what uses you can find for it, like repairing hoses, tying things together. I use it instead of electricians tape because it is water tight, and stays wrapped- no adhesive to soften up like the electrical tape.

Al

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
After more than six years selling Rescue Tape....we've pretty much heard it all. The most amazing use was probably the guy who used it to protect his horse's hoof whichhad separated. He said he used it all the time for this and it worked great! The uses are endless.

The funny thing is we sold out of stock at our final show in October and now we have less than a roll left and will have to find someone to bum a roll off of...LOL!!

Lynn1130

I did not have much luck with it repairing a water hose but it has worked great on most everything else.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Made a great seal for the interface between the rear stabilizer motor housing and the gear box, including sealing the entrance for the wires into the housing. Couple of wraps and it's still on there tight. I've used it at the FD to seal the ID tags on the ends of our 1/2" rescue ropes.

TedS

Wrapped the tiller handle on my outboard because the original black rubber was rubbing off on my hand.

Willym

When replacing the ice maker in my neighbours motorhome the thread in one of the freezer mounting holes was stripped. Made up a small tube using recsue tape to act as a wall plug for the screw. Worked a treat. Regular wall plugs would have been too large.