How long is the warranty period?

caokgafamily

I left a message with customer service today and they got back to me with in 30 minutes. Gary was very helpfull. I thought I could fix everything myself and then it got crazy.These are my problems that have changed since yesterday. AC doesn't work, micro only works if the door is open,converter doesn't work,1/2 of outlets dead,different breakers pop at different times,tv dead. I give up. How long is the warranty period I purchased my 3400rl on Dec 09 06. The closest dealer is about 80 miles north of me. There is a Camping World about 5 miles away, and I would rather take it there. I left a message after hours with Gary I'm sure he will get hold of me later.

caokgafamily

Yes I know it sounds strange, but the micro will only work if you open the door, the plate turns,light comes on. I guess we will have to leave the fiver when we use it.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Steve, for what it's worth, I sure do hope Heartland helps you out with these problems. It sounds as if your rig is possessed. Hopefully it's something as simple as a defect in the breaker panel. A bad ground or something. The microwave on the other hand. Now that's a strange one. Is it the Sylvania? Our Sylvania was replaced at the 2007 owners rally with a Dometic. It's been fine ever since. Good Luck!

StevieWonder

Most of this sounds like the power center unit or the wiring to it.

How long have these kinds of problems existed? Did everything go "kaflooey" all at once or has this been a problem that started small and just got bigger and bigger?

caokgafamily

Everything happened all at once. The micro is fried, I took it out of the camper. Everything else is dead on the 110 side except the fan and lights are dim and the fan motor makes like scratching sounds.

dewwood

If these problems started all at once I would suspect an electrical surge or lightening strike. From your description it sure sounds like that could be a possibility. From experience I know how hard it is to track down some of the problems, one thing will work and something else may not or sometimes everything may not. Good luck with your issues, hope you can get it worked out.

StevieWonder

FWIW, power surges wouldn't be covered under the warranty anyway. This would be true in your lumber/brick home too. I had a lightning strike at my house which cooked the thermostats, door bell, a computer (on a surge protector), water sprinkler system "brain", furnance "brain" board and some other stuff. Homeowner's insurance covered it but only after the 2% deductible.

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
I know this doesn't help your immediate situation, however, when you do get everything repaired it would pay to invest in an EMS (Emergency Management System). This type of unit protects your entire coach against any type of surge, low or high voltage spikes, etc. Has saved us several times.

Unfortunatley, it really does sound like some sort of electrical spike or surge.

caokgafamily

No lightning strike. We were camping last weekend "3 nights" Sunday night everybody wanted to watch the race. I has a lcd projector,hdtv receiver & Dewalt radio all plugged into the outside outlet. In the middle of the race everything went dead. I tried to get everything working again but couldn't. Everybody was crying to get the race back on so I plugged into the next site. I also turned everything off in our camper. When we went to bed I could smell a burnt smell at that time, the ac worked not the micro. Now everything is dead except it seems like low power going to the fan. I have tried a bunch of different things nothing works.

StevieWonder

It doesn't have to be a lightning strike. It can come from a "brownout". It's not unusual to see commercial power surges, especially following an outage such as during a thunderstorm. Low or high voltage spikes or amperage surges have the same effect. In either case it wouldn't be covered under warranty.

I would advise that you contact your insurance carrier and see if you have any applicable coverage.

caokgafamily

The campground was maxed out,I think about 300+ campers. I wonder if that night there was some low voltage. Nascar night race in the south there was alot of juice being used that night. Can Low Amps do this kind of damage. I'm 5 months past my warranty, I wish Heartland could do a little more. Only from the stand point it seems like everything is fried. micro,ac,tv,fridge,vacum etc.I don't see how if I over loaded that outlet it should just pop the breaker not fry everything?

StevieWonder

Circuit breakers work on amperage, not voltage. Under or over voltage will not blow a circuit breaker but it can damage electrical components.

Heartland can't be held responsible for power quality issues.

Again, I'd check with your insurance company. You might have coverage, albeit with a deductible. It's worth checking out.