How many campers have you owned?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Early in our marriage, we did some tent camping. But then got too busy for it. After getting into the pastime of skiing, we started thinking about vacation property in the mountains, which was too expensive... so we thought about a travel trailer, that we could take to the mountains and stay anytime we wanted. Our first TT was a 2008 North Trail 21FBS, and our 2nd was our current 5ver, a 2010 ElkRidge 34QSRL.

The next one will be a Heartland, just waiting for finances and floorplan to line up! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
I started tent camping early on and after DW got married we got tired of sleeping on the ground so we bought a 2005 Pilgrim TT right before Hurricane Rita. DW was ****ed we were buying a trailer that June but by September she was happy to have a place to sleep in the ac and a hot shower. We bought the BC in 2013 right before the Goshen National Rally.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Three. Started (after tenting) with a 12ft. pop-up, then a 27ft. TT, and now the BH.

travlingman

Started out backpacking, got married, that ended. Wife said no hair dryer, no camping. Got a 2004 Montana 2955, traded that for a 2008 Jayco Designer, traded that for our present 2014 Savannah.

Manzan

Tent camper for years then bought a tent trailer in '85. That let us know what we wanted in a hard side so ordered a Suburban set up to pull it in '88. Bought the 24' trailer in '89 and kept it for 15 years. Another new Suburban in 2003 and a new trailer the following year. It was a 25' Trail Blazer that I was never very happy with. Went to an RV show in 2011 and saw the 21fbs. Gave us a good trade on the Trail Blazer so bought the 21fbs. 26'6" long and more than fills the only spot we have to park a trailer. Real happy with it even though the same configuration and basically the same length. Pulls very easily and I love the way it is put together! That makes 4 trailers.

jayc

Legendary Member
Like many others, we started in tents, then pickup covers with built-in beds before going to our first trailer, a Flagstaff pop-up. We then got a Coachmen 25' travel trailer with one slide that seemed huge. I hated the Coachmen and we soon bought a 33' Mobile Scout with two slides. Another major improvement! We began our Heartland ownership with a 2007 Bighorn 3055, then a 2009 Bighorn 3370 and now a 2011 Landmark Grand Canyon.

Last edited:

happykraut

Tented for many many years and then we bought a
1997 Jayco 5th wheel with no slides. Then a 2002 Montana, a 2007 Montana, 2012 Big Country and now a 2014 Bighorn. Had lots of fun in all of them including the tents.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We've had three . . . a 1978 Coachman Cadet 24' TT, a 2013 Heartland Trail Runner 22RK TT, and now a 2015 Heartland Prowler 5th-wheel.

Pictured in that order below:

View attachment 40615 View attachment 40616 View attachment 40617

Guess I should have mentioned that we started out with tents as well.

Still have one of them out in the garage that we sometimes use now as a storage room when camping, or when friends bring their kids and we need the extra room.

Although when I was a kid, we had TT's and a couple of motor homes over the years . . .

Diamondjim

First a tent, then borrowed my father-in-law's Covered Wagon truck camper when first married and then to Shasta(s) purchased from Wilkins RV (when they were in Hornell, NY:
13' with a bathroom not big enough to change your mind
18'
24'
24' Mallard Class C 1984 purchased for cross country trip with kids before they graduated high school and scattered. 11K miles in 6 weeks. CA and most all in between.
3250 Shasta
Breckenridge Park model 2001 - sold August 2015 (NY snowbird location, owned 37 years)
2006 Rockwood Premier 2516 tent camper - used to visit son and family in Ohio (no room in house with family of 5)
2011 Greystone 32RL from Wilkins RV - Churchville, NY

I'm thinkin I've owned enough so far. Going to enjoy the Greystone here in FLA and as snowbirds to Ohio (son & family) and Mass (where our daughter & family live). Really looking forward to the 5er, as it towed south from NY very nicely. Long haul, but still enjoyed our first experience.

Westwind

You can see on my sig that we have had two, and both were good choices, when it came to trouble free the no slide simple travel trailer beat our FW hands down, when I think we
lived in it for 3 months each year in Florida for 7 years it's sort of amazing. We are so comfortable in our Bighorn and it has been a great FW, yes some problems but nothing major. I think the trick is maintenance.

billyjoeraybob

South Carolina Chapter Leaders-Retired
I tent camped for many years. Then moved to a 2008 34' Pilgrim Cirrus TT. Then moved to a
2013 Sundance 3270 RES (loved this rig), Now we are in a 2015 Landmark 365 Ashland. We will be in this one for a while. It re ally suits us well and tows like a dream.

'Lil Guy'

We 1st owned a Rockwood pop up camper back in 2004. It was totaled when a large Oak tree crushed our garage. We bought a NT21FBS in 2013, a Elkridge E289 in 2014 and are now awaiting delivery of our new 2016 Bighorn 3270RS. Hopefully this will be the last one for a while.lol

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I started tent camping and then when DW and I began dating, she made it abundantly clear that if she was coming with, her accommodations needed to include a bathroom, kitchen, bed (not an air mattress), and heat or AC to keep her comfy. We started out with a 27 foot Wilderness Travel Trailer, moved up to a Comfort Karryall fifth wheel, then to a Raptor fifth wheel, our Bighorn and now the Landmark for a total of 5 rev's including our Key Largo. Each different one we have owned has been a drastic improvement from the last. Hard to move up from where we are now.

Rod

AAdams

Well Deb and I have had 3 RV's

'09 Heartland Landmark Augusta
'15 Heartland Road Warrior 390
'16 Heartland Big Horn 3750FL

katkens-DW

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Kenny and I have owned 2 campers one 28 foot Sunnybrook TT and our 07 Bighorn. Best money we ever spent.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We've had a tent (that didn't last long), a 33 foot 2009 Sundance, and our current 2011 Landmark.

MagnoliaTom

Sadly, we have the new trailer itch again and may be getting a new rig. I really wish I'd stay away from the RV dealers parts department. Every time I go, I end up looking at the new models!

Jeeper

Three...
First was a new 1994 Coleman (Fleetwood) Destiny Cedar...an ittybitty popup towable (barely) by my Jeep, but overall a very solid and serviceable camper.

Second was a slightly used 2006 Jayco 19H Hybrid (bought in 2006), replacing the Destiny Cedar due to the roof rusting. The 19H was, being charitable...mildly disappointing.

Third and current is a brand new 2016 Heartland NorthTrail 22RBK...perfect now that the kids are moved out/moving on to college. Just took delivery 10/10/15...had it out one night so far!

Started out camping when I was about 20. Over the years I have had 13 campers. 2015 Big Country being the latest.