How much they are a part of the family

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
This our new traveling companion (mini-dachshund - Romeo).ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345133858.832005.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Lexi is mostly English Setter with a little Border Collie mixed in.

The spot on her face was what sucked us in
21kj9t1.jpg

The rest of her spots came in between 12-16 weeks
nqe8ag.jpg

Oh boy, I can see the English Setter...she's got a face just like my Katie, just much shorter fur! Although, it took almost two years for Katie's "ticking" to materialize.

scottyb

Lexi is mostly English Setter with a little Border Collie mixed in.

I couldn't tell from the 1st photo that she has longer hair. The coloring is very similar to liver spotted pointers, only they have very short hair. Here is Annie Oakley. She is considered apricot.

DSCF3350.jpg

RanCarr

How very sad the dog was hit. We have three cats and they're almost like children to us. With all our kids and grandkids grown and making lives of their own, we were suffering empty-nest syndrome I think. There was a void. A vacuum. An emptiness. That is all gone now that the kitties are here with us. :) The kitties get all the attention and love once put on the human children. They really filled that void. It's unthinkable to lose one of them. We take them camping and traveling and snow-birding with us. It wouldn't be the same without them.