How to make your night driving easier for all you Dodge owners

DesertThumper

I found something pretty cool online from another portal I was probing on in regards to poor lighting at night. I did not want to put the off-road bar bracket with three big lights on my truck. I think it will look tacky. So I found a few options that will meet my needs and maybe others to keep the additional add-on equipment "low profile". Many of them currently from the previous portal I found mention how easy and well it produces the additional light support at night while driving in the dark areas and able to see better.

Here is the link: http://www.genosgarage.com/Brite-Box/products/9/

They also have an LED light bar with mounting brackets for it located on a different site. It mounts in the center space of your front bumper where it is hollow. Really clean looking.

So I have time to decide which direction to take moving forward. Or maybe I will invest in both for those dark highways and corners.

If anyone may have other suggestions or know of other products available, love to hear it.

GOTTOYS

The device at Genos will allow your fog lights to stay on when you have your beams on. Not sure of the legality of this in some States. Unfortunately the newest Dodge Ram this will work on is a 2009 model so it won't do me any good..Don

diesel_doberman

What about retro solutions hid kits. Unless your talking about driving off road only. Light bars are not legal for on road so I assumed your talking off roAd. I hVe retro on my truck and there completely legal and SUPER BRIGHT.

szewczyk_john

I've been a big supporter of both the turbo diesel register and geno's garage. TDR produces a quarterly resource magazine for the cummins powered rams and geno's sells a bunch of great stuff made especially for the Ram. I had the brite box on my 2006 mega and it worked fine for 2 months and then it had problems. Geno's replaced and the new one did not work at all. They had some issues with the computer controlled lighting. Since I have the ranch hand bumper I just installed aux lights onto it. I hope that they fixed the brite box issues and that it works for you. For those that have never heard of the TDR, do yourself a favor and check it out. loaded with a great deal of info for us Ram owners. Geno's used to offer a one year free subscription when you ordered so much off of them. No I do not work with or have any ownership in either but I think that they both offer great knowledge and goods for our trucks. check them out.www.turbodieselregister.com/forums

alex00

Al,

Have you seen these grills? http://www.royaltycore.com/dodge-ram-25003500-2013-rcx-main-grille-with-LEDs

I'm not sure if the style is everyone's taste, but a few companies have grills that are similar. I could do without the big emblem and rivets look. I've seen one that uses a 20" LED bar and two Rigid Dually D2s. I liked that one. I'm leaning heavily toward a 20" bar in the opening on the front bumper. I've been really impressed with the light output from some of the LEDs I've seen.

DesertThumper

Al,

Have you seen these grills? http://www.royaltycore.com/dodge-ram-25003500-2013-rcx-main-grille-with-LEDs

I'm not sure if the style is everyone's taste, but a few companies have grills that are similar. I could do without the big emblem and rivets look. I've seen one that uses a 20" LED bar and two Rigid Dually D2s. I liked that one. I'm leaning heavily toward a 20" bar in the opening on the front bumper. I've been really impressed with the light output from some of the LEDs I've seen.

10-4 on that. We were out at camp a few months ago and I saw a few trucks with the 20 inch LED bar light installed from a distance. I was also impressed with how much more lighting they had available to see further ahead. I just stood watching them as they pass on by. Pretty nifty add-on for those special circumstances. I decided to share it with everyone.