How to raise (jack-up) my Bighorn

patrick1945

I really don't have the answer that I was looking for and that is probably because I was not clear.

I will be leaving the Bighorn for 6 months on a concrete pad on the beach in Florida in a high wind area. Unrelated but it will have to be strapped down to the pad. I want to raise it 3-5" so I can take some of the weight off the rubber. I plan to use a bottle jack on the frame with concrete blocks and a piece of steel to support that jack. When I get it up I will place blocks with 2 x 8's between the blocks and the frame. I will do this with the trailer hooked to the truck.

After that is done and level from side to side I will level it from front to rear with the landing gear and stabilizers.

1. Where do I place the jack on the frame
2. Where do I position the blocks and
3. What if anything am I missing?

I could ask these questions of the Parts Department but I am not sure that they can help me other than sending me a link to the Lippert page.

But I could be wrong - it would not be the first time today.

Northern Virginia
I had one occasion with a previous FW in changing a flat tire and I used boards. I do not find instructions on how to raise the trailer with a "bottle" jack. Where might I find those instructions?
I really don't have the answer that I was looking for and that is probably because I was not clear.

I will be leaving the Bighorn for 6 months on a concrete pad on the beach in Florida in a high wind area. Unrelated but it will have to be strapped down to the pad. I want to raise it 3-5" so I can take some of the weight off the rubber. I plan to use a bottle jack on the frame with concrete blocks and a piece of steel to support that jack. When I get it up I will place blocks with 2 x 8's between the blocks and the frame. I will do this with the trailer hooked to the truck.

After that is done and level from side to side I will level it from front to rear with the landing gear and stabilizers.

1. Where do I place the jack on the frame
2. Where do I position the blocks and
3. What if anything am I missing?

I could ask these questions of the Parts Department but I am not sure that they can help me other than sending me a link to the Lippert page.

But I could be wrong - it would not be the first time today.

Your original question was perfectly clear to me. Your follow up question has me scratching my head.

John