How to replace Dura Faucet in kitchen

BobnBet

We need to replace the kitchen faucet in our 2013 Bighorn with a pull down faucet from Lowe's. What do we need to do in order to connect the water lines, since residential ones are different? There are no shut off valves.

AAdams

The pex lines in the RV's are 1/2 fittings, the same thing that are used in homes. If the faucet that you are buying has the 3/8 compression fittings on it then you will need add and adapter 1/2 male x 3/8 m compression OR the way I would prefer in my rig is to cut the PEX fitting off. Be sure that you cut it straight and not too short, then use a sharkbite adapter and a shutoff valve . Be sure to put Teflon tape on the shark bite male threads and do not over tighten the valve on it. Hope this helps.

rxbristol

Home Depot usually has a better selection of PEX hardware. I cut the old fittings off the PEX pipes and installed PEX shutoff valves--that way I didn't need an adapter. I personally don't like the adapters. I highly recommend cinch clamps and not crimp rings--I think their much easier to work with and your clamping tool is smaller. I installed a Delta Savile and love it. The picture shows a cover plate, but obviously it's not needed. The soap dispenser is nice to have.

Theresau

Home Depot usually has a better selection of PEX hardware. I cut the old fittings off the PEX pipes and installed PEX shutoff valves--that way I didn't need an adapter. I personally don't like the adapters. I highly recommend cinch clamps and not crimp rings--I think their much easier to work with and your clamping tool is smaller. I installed a Delta Savile and love it. The picture shows a cover plate, but obviously it's not needed. The soap dispenser is nice to have.

Don't see a picture. We're in the process of replacing our kitchen faucet as well. Came with a soap dispenser but would require drilling a hole in the counter.

I'll pass this on to Joe.

Theresa

VMooreSR

Don't see a picture. We're in the process of replacing our kitchen faucet as well. Came with a soap dispenser but would require drilling a hole in the counter.

I'll pass this on to Joe.

Theresa

Click on the link Delta Savile and the picture will come up.

MTPockets

With Our original kitchen faucet there were two holes in the counter top. I replaced with a tall faucet having the pull down sprayer and hot/cold handle all in one hole. The second hole I used for the soap dispenser...
//heartlandowners.org/webkit-fake-url://71e56ce7-fbfb-4695-b587-2ffb71c8eec3/imagejpeg

Theresau

Thanks we replaced ours today with similar but the original was a one hole. New faucet came with separate soap dispenser. Joe considering drilling hole in counter to add.

Theresa

rxbristol

Thanks we replaced ours today with similar but the original was a one hole. New faucet came with separate soap dispenser. Joe considering drilling hole in counter to add.

Theresa

Glad it worked out. I noticed my new faucet, even though obviously better quality, was lighter in weight than the OEM.