Hyd Pump Breaker

bdb2047

Just some info that may help someone. Lippert changed my level up to 6 point from original 4 point 2 years ago,did a good job. They had to change pump and they installed an 80a manual reset. The 80 would trip in low temperature,below freezing,when using auto retract but not with any other operations.Checking voltage it would drop below 12v under heavy load. Factory wiring on mine was #6cu about 25' of wire.I moved breaker closer to battery and replaced wire with #2cu.About 18' of wire now. Voltage drop now is about .3 volts at motor under load. This morning,27 degrees, breaker did not trip in auto retract but rear jacks did not fully retract. I am assuming pump sensed enough pressure it sensed jacks were fully retracted.They retracted fine in manual mode.

pegmikef

Dave, There is a label on my level up controller that says that in cold weather all of the jacks may not fully retract and to use the manual mode complete the retraction (it is usually the rear jacks on mine too).

happykraut

I stopped at Lippert a few months ago and was told that the current draw is 79A during retraction. They recommended going to a 80A breaker. He said he couldn't figure out why Heartland won't install the 80A breakers.

sjandbj

I changed the 50 amp breaker to a 80 amp at the recommendation of the Lippert rep when I was in Quartzsite last season. It has work fine ever since then.

Steve

goldenbear

My current draw was also 79 amps. I changed the 50 amp breaker to a 80 amp (Heartland authorized). Have had no more issues.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk