Hydraulic Landing Gear Malfunction

KJWhit

Pulled into camp site and landing gear motor ran briefly then stopped. Landing Gear never moved,I may have retracted it rather then extend. Stuck in the UP of MI and can't unload the trailer from my truck.

I have a 2013 Road Warrior 305.

Read posts on this forum. Found one auto type inline 10 amp fuse which was ok but replaced it to be safe. Absolutely no activity when pressing rocker switch in either direction. Motor runs when extending slides.

Appreciate any advice.

Ken

danemayer

Hi KJWhit,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Sorry you're having this problem. If your slides are working correctly, then the hydraulics pump would seem to be ok - assuming hydraulically operated slides.

If you have the 6 point auto-leveling system, try operating the jacks from the leveling control panel. If that works, you may have a problem with the rocker switch.

If you don't have auto-leveling, take a look at the backside of the rocker switch to see if any wires have come off. If you have a voltmeter, check the center pins for 12V DC to ground. See diagrams below.

If everything looks ok, you might need to swap switches with your stabilizer motor switch. Use your smartphone to take a picture (get a clear one) of the back of each switch so you know where the wires go. Might be good to write down the wiring arrangement too.

Attachments

• Lippert Landing Gear Wiring notated.pdf
    135.5 KB · Views: 33
  • DPDT DC-motor-reversing-switch-schematic-wiring-diagram-285x275.jpg
    DPDT DC-motor-reversing-switch-schematic-wiring-diagram-285x275.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 31

KJWhit

Hi KJWhit,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Sorry you're having this problem. If your slides are working correctly, then the hydraulics pump would seem to be ok - assuming hydraulically operated slides.

If you have the 6 point auto-leveling system, try operating the jacks from the leveling control panel. If that works, you may have a problem with the rocker switch.

If you don't have auto-leveling, take a look at the backside of the rocker switch to see if any wires have come off. If you have a voltmeter, check the center pins for 12V DC to ground. See diagrams below.

If everything looks ok, you might need to swap switches with your stabilizer motor switch. Use your smartphone to take a picture (get a clear one) of the back of each switch so you know where the wires go. Might be good to write down the wiring arrangement too.

Not an auto leveler. Have found a ten amp blade fuse in the wiring which was ok but replaced it any way. I do have power to the switch and if I jump across a couple of the connections in back of the switch the pump motor runs but the legs don't move. Didn't want to experiment with that technique too long. No power coming of the switch in either the up or down position. Sounds like the switch. Fortunately there is an RV service department next to the campground. Until they get it fixed there is a brewery within walking distance both directions!

danemayer

Not an auto leveler. Have found a ten amp blade fuse in the wiring which was ok but replaced it any way. I do have power to the switch and if I jump across a couple of the connections in back of the switch the pump motor runs but the legs don't move. Didn't want to experiment with that technique too long. No power coming of the switch in either the up or down position. Sounds like the switch. Fortunately there is an RV service department next to the campground. Until they get it fixed there is a brewery within walking distance both directions!

Sounds like a bad switch. Btw, when you jump the switch to run the motor, you also have to jump the other side of the switch to open the valve and let the hydraulic fluid flow.

KJWhit

Hydraulic Landing Gear are working. The switch was the weak link. Service had a used one that worked. $50 later we were back in business. Thanks everyone.

The switch was bad. RV dealer had one used one which I took. Back on the road. Thanks all.