Hydraulic Landing Jacks

Hello,

We purchased 14 Silverado 34 SE New this year. I've noticed as the tepature gets colder in the evenings the camper will make a loud bang and you will feel it move ( feels like the front is dropping). Can it be the hydaulic fluid in the landing jacks cooling and dropping a little as the tempature cools off . It is getting worse as we are in the north east and the tempature is changing 30 to 40 degrees from day to night. It will do it 4 to 5 times in an evening. Is there anything that can be done to stop this annoying sound and movement? I have a tripod jack under the pin to help stabalize the front but we still seem to have movement when this happens.

Thanks
Scott & Kelly

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Camhybred and welcome to posting on this great forum.
I see you have been a member for quite some time.

The noise that you are hearing seems to be pretty common. I had it on my rig.
Lippert has come up with a fix for that noise.
It can be found in the Tools area of the forum.
It is a minor fix for most of us.
Follow THIS LINK for more information.

Peace
Dave

Hunter11

Scott, first I would report the issue with Heartland so they have it on record since I assume you are still under warranty. Next try the procedure Dave posted. We have the same issue and have added two quarts
of the fork oil and still have the popping. Our front landing gear is going to be replaced in Jan. when they have it at the dealer replacing the roof.