Hydraulic leak on jack

Buffchief

Finished a good camping weekend and got everything hooked up with no problems. Got to our first stop and noticed hydraulic fluid leaking by one of the jacks. Upon further inspection found one of my black hydraulic lines to the jack had 2 places where it burst. My question is... is there a replacement hose or do I have to get a hose shop to make one?

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FARMER45

I had one that leaked, I took it off carried it to a local tractor dealer ,they made one , had it back on same day. It was a lot heavier duty hose and cheaper

pegmikef

I had one that leaked, I took it off carried it to a local tractor dealer ,they made one , had it back on same day. It was a lot heavier duty hose and cheaper

I, too, had to replace a line and just took the old one to one of hydraulic places in town (Hoses Plus) and the made a new one while I waited and it was also a lot stouter than the original. Since I had to drop coroplast, it took me a couple of days to replace it.

pegmikef

Dropping the coroplast is what I'm worried about. t

I had to drop the front section because the line crossed over just before the first jack on the driver's side to the first jack on the door side. I used an impact wrench to remove the screws. I dropped everything except the front part so I could access the whole length of the hose. Dropping it was easy, but reinstalling it a little more tricky. Since I hadn't dropped the front I was able to use a floor jack with an 8 foot 2x4 to hold it up while I reattached it. I just kept moving the jack/board down to the open end about three feet at a time. I was able to use the same holes to reattach it.

Depending on which hose needs replaced, you may not have to drop it all. If yours is laid out like mine all the lines are attached to the inside of the frame on the driver's side and if it goes to the first jack on the driver's side then you could probably get away with only lowering that side of the coroplast.

Buffchief

Does each hose go from a manifold to each jack? Or do they go from jack to jack? It is the middle drivers side jack.

pegmikef

Does each hose go from a manifold to each jack? Or do they go from jack to jack? It is the middle drivers side jack.

That is probably a straight shot from the manifold to the jack or from the middle jack to the rear jack. You can tell by location of the hose. If it is on the rear side then it goes to the rear jack or if the front side then it goes to the manifold. The lines to the door side jacks cross over just before the middle jack. Following is how I replaced it. You can use basically the same procedure. Mine was on the manifold side, but just substitute rear jack for manifold if appropriate.

On my rig as you face the generator compartment, all the hoses come through the back wall on the right hand side near the floor then curve up the back wall, then along the right side to the manifold. After I got the coroplast down and figured out where the hose was, I hooked up to my truck and raised all the jacks so there was no pressure in the lines. I first removed the line from the jack, then the manifold, then fished the manifold end through the wall and fished the line through the hangers. Be aware, even though there is no pressure, there will be hydraulic fluid in the line and it will leak out as soon as the jack end is lowered. I got most of it in a can, but still had a little mess.

After you replace the line, fill the reservoir to its normal level and raise the jacks up and down two or three times to fill the new line, then fill the reservoir as need.

Last edited:

Buffchief

Sounds much like airplanes. I'm well versed in taking showers of hydraulic fluid. Thanks for the info. I won't be able to get to it for a couple of weeks but when I get back I shouldn't have a problem.