I am tired of all the nasty threads, so...

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
First off, let me apologize for hiding my true feelings. :) i will do better.

I really do enjoy this forum and ALL the people that make it up. The combined years of experience found on this forum is amazing.

It is just the occasional thread that just becomes down right mean or "whoa is me whiney" that ruins the clean family atmosphere. (or at least that is my opinion.)

And yes the title on this thread was to grab attention because I was hoping I wasn't the only who felt this way. But that is ok-I like cool titles like Ken's "Almost went up in flames". That says "I gotta read that" written all over it-and I am glad I did. One more to thing to check while I am under the coach prior to a road trip.

At the same time I think Road Junkie has a point if the title is bashing HL or some other vendor or organization. that is the wrong type of attention. The moderators do such a good job on this forum. To their credit they allow some threads to go on and 9 out of 10 times the original poster will talk himself into a corner and be gone. I think the moderators show a lot of tolerence and maturity.

Thanks for the comments. I was just hoping I was not alone with my feelings. This forum is amazing and unlike so many others. Would hate to see it change.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
What I cannot understand is all of the gruff some people have when they have a problem and they are in warranty. If it is in warranty get it fixed. Nothing is perfect and we all know that. But don't just bad-mouth the thing just get it fixed and be a happy camper. If it is not in warranty then ask the question and maybe some of us can help you DIY to save paying for the repair. Happy Camping.

currituck0209

Hey larry, this is the second time , i have to agree with you, no truer words ever spoken. Great job, see you in mt airy.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Hey larry, this is the second time , i have to agree with you, no truer words ever spoken. Great job, see you in mt airy.

I know that just has to irk you having to agree with me twice inone year, John.

looking forward to seeing you guys in a few months. Please bring some of the cool beach air with you.

Good thread, and is true in so many different ways. Owning a RV, Motor Home, 5th wheel, TT or pop up brings out many different emotions. At one time my hair was very dark! Now its white, just have to learn to handle many different situations. You will find that most RV forums are about the same way, some Mod's let them go and listen to our grips etc. Others are quick to lock a thread. I do think Jim runs a good ship, at time I think he lets thing go at times. However he knows as well as I do if you listen you will learn and others can learn also. I really don't like to hear people bash any manufactor. But on the same hand its very disturbing how somethings are handled by the manufactor and the dealerships. There is a lot of knowledge one can get from RV forums. Most everything I know about a RV is from RV forums and trail and error and a ton of money. I do know that when one bashes a manufactor or a dealership thing very seldom end good for the person that does the bashing??? But for some it makes them feel good! Learned as a boy you will get more with sugar than you will with vinegar. GBY...

I also get really annoyed with the whinny, this rig/company sucks, whoa is me, blah, blah threads....But I love the problem solver threads. What a difference a positive, can-do attitude has.

John

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
All I can say from under my rock is there is always someone with a worse situation than you have, whatever that may be..........

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
to both Larry's: That is so true! !

Wish we could get back to fun things as well as technical stuff. I long for the days of the Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge guys having fun! Nobody took it personally, IT WAS FUN! Without levity life would be really rough! How about mellon ballers and robotic vacuums? I remember those.....

In case you think I'm not paying attention to the tech stuff, our tires are at the proper pressure on the TV and trailer, got 35 Lbs in the air bags, tires look good with no cracks or bulging, springs still look good via flashlight inspection this morning. Placed a wrench on the U-bolts just to make sure! Spare tire is at proper pressure and tight up against the frame work. We're good to go when DH gets home from work! My work here is done for now.

Man, I love this place! Let's go out and have some fun!

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
to both Larry's: That is so true! !

Wish we could get back to fun things as well as technical stuff. I long for the days of the Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge guys having fun! Nobody took it personally, IT WAS FUN! Without levity life would be really rough! How about mellon ballers and robotic vacuums? I remember those.....

In case you think I'm not paying attention to the tech stuff, our tires are at the proper pressure on the TV and trailer, got 35 Lbs in the air bags, tires look good with no cracks or bulging, springs still look good via flashlight inspection this morning. Placed a wrench on the U-bolts just to make sure! Spare tire is at proper pressure and tight up against the frame work. We're good to go when DH gets home from work! My work here is done for now.

Man, I love this place! Let's go out and have some fun!
Well said Deb!