I need measurements if you have a SHORT BED Ford or any advice you can give.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Big hurt, Zepher can save his money and get a 2011 Chevy/GMC that has a GCVWR of 27500#. That way he could pull his house behind him. LOL Bob

RollingHome

Jim Gratz, do ya know what ya did today dude ? Ya just showed everyone how rude you can be for no reason. Now go eat a little humble pie and go back and read the first post by Zephyr on this thread. All this stuff is new to Zephyr, he even is a new forum member. He very humbly stated he is new, never pulled a fifth wheel and he asked for help. He also stated he will listen to others with more experience. He asked for your help Jim... and ya lambasted him for it. That's not a nice thing to do is it ? Don't be cute by putting IMHO because it wasn't a humble opinion it was a knee jerk reaction without all the facts. The guy with the trailer being pulled by the 1500 you saw today, did you make any attempt to share your knowledge with him ? Why not ? Did you call the HWP ? Why not, what if he killed his family doing this unsafe pull. Isn't a ticket worth a childs life ? Not everyone who buys a trailer is informed as you Jim, but they learn by asking questions and by listening. Zephyr was told by a dealer who wants to sell a trailer that his truck will pull it, Zephyr never did it before - what's that sound like to you ? Guess what, a dealer tried that BS with me too. The dealer was right, my truck pulled the unit fine. But, by asking questions, reading, learning and picking the brains of more experienced RV folks like yourself I came to the conclusion "I should get a bigger truck". Now I'm legal and most of all you and I are safer when I'm towing. When you jump on someone for asking a question, they refrian from asking another question. The next question may be even more important for our and their safety. So be the good man we all know you can be and be nicer. MTTDO (My thru the door opinion)

Bighurt

Big hurt, Zepher can save his money and get a 2011 Chevy/GMC that has a GCVWR of 27500#. That way he could pull his house behind him. LOL Bob

Kodiak, sure but the cost is way to much for the pick-up version...and if you build a chassis cab might as well use an M2.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Jim Gratz, do ya know what ya did today dude ? Ya just showed everyone how rude you can be for no reason. Now go eat a little humble pie and go back and read the first post by Zephyr on this thread. All this stuff is new to Zephyr, he even is a new forum member. He very humbly stated he is new, never pulled a fifth wheel and he asked for help. He also stated he will listen to others with more experience. He asked for your help Jim... and ya lambasted him for it. That's not a nice thing to do is it ? Don't be cute by putting IMHO because it wasn't a humble opinion it was a knee jerk reaction without all the facts. The guy with the trailer being pulled by the 1500 you saw today, did you make any attempt to share your knowledge with him ? Why not ? Did you call the HWP ? Why not, what if he killed his family doing this unsafe pull. Isn't a ticket worth a childs life ? Not everyone who buys a trailer is informed as you Jim, but they learn by asking questions and by listening. Zephyr was told by a dealer who wants to sell a trailer that his truck will pull it, Zephyr never did it before - what's that sound like to you ? Guess what, a dealer tried that BS with me too. The dealer was right, my truck pulled the unit fine. But, by asking questions, reading, learning and picking the brains of more experienced RV folks like yourself I came to the conclusion "I should get a bigger truck". Now I'm legal and most of all you and I are safer when I'm towing. When you jump on someone for asking a question, they refrian from asking another question. The next question may be even more important for our and their safety. So be the good man we all know you can be and be nicer. MTTDO (My thru the door opinion)

I apologize for being what you considered rude. I was just attempting to point out how this area has been covered many times before. I know neebies need info but also there is a search function and FAQ button where much info is already there. I am more than happy to share my knowledge (what little I have) but I have been hanging around and posting on this forum maybe too long seeing the same things over and over. As far as the idiot with the travel trailer, no I did not talk to him as he and the individual in front of him pulling a popup were pulling into a beer joint when I saw him. I preferred not to get into a confrontation at this point in my physical condition. Again, pull an 18000 pound 5er with a 2500 if you want. I won't criticize you for it. I will just give you plenty of room. Have a save and wonderful trip...

Status
Not open for further replies.