ice maker water line replacement

divedreamer

Has anyone ever replaced the water line from sink (on my 3610RE Bighorn) out to the connection behind the refrigerator? I wonder if there is a part number or a length that I can find. I think I may have to tape the new one to the old and pull it through and then make the connections. I drained and winterized the the water system, but failed to consider that the ice maker line needed special attention. Thanks. Brad

jbeletti

Me and a couple guys replaced one at the OK rally a couple weeks back. His was tapped behind the UDC, not the kitchen sink. But yes to the tape! We taped the new line onto the old and pulled it through.

As for a part number, it's pretty standard 1/4" ice maker line. Here's a link to some at Lowes as an example.

wdk450

Has anyone ever replaced the water line from sink (on my 3610RE Bighorn) out to the connection behind the refrigerator? I wonder if there is a part number or a length that I can find. I think I may have to tape the new one to the old and pull it through and then make the connections. I drained and winterized the the water system, but failed to consider that the ice maker line needed special attention. Thanks. Brad

Have you considered replacing using the refrigerator icemaker with a portable tabletop icemaker? The tabletop makes a small load of ice every 12 minutes until it's bin is filled or the water reservoir depleted. The refrigerator makes 1 load of larger ice cubes every 4 hours(?). There is no water line to leak with the tabletop icemaker. Removing the ice container from the freezer gives you more room for other stuff in the freezer.

I've got this one: http://www.amazon.com/Igloo-Portabl...398055919&sr=1-22&keywords=tabletop+ice+maker but their are many on Walmart.com and Amazon. Mine rides on the floor near the entrance door.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I replaced our ice maker line with a braided stainless line. Purchased at Menards but I'm pretty sure they're available at Home D or Lowes in several lengths. No more worries about abrasion leaks now. LINK TO HOME D LINE