Ideas Please....Dometic 1350 "between the doors flap" stopped flipping all the way forward when closing doors

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Ideas Please....Dometic 1350 "between the doors flap" stopped flipping all the way forward when closing doors

I know it's probably here in the volumes of 1350 information somewhere, but is there a process for lubricating, or maintenance of the flap that flips back when the doors close?

It has been fine, but suddenly seems like it needs a once over. It doesn't want to return all the way w/o slamming the door.

I don't see anything in the manual.

I am a little hesitant to spray anything toxic in there, such as lithium grease or silicone.

Any ideas, or suggestions? Thanks, Trace

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Ideas Please....Dometic 1350 "between the doors flap" stopped flipping all the way forward when closing doors

Trace, you might want to try a little wax in the track that the flap rides in to guide it into position. Top and bottom.
I havn't looked at mine but I might give that a try.

Peace
Dave

billnsue

Re: Ideas Please....Dometic 1350 "between the doors flap" stopped flipping all the way forward when closing doors

I spray just a bit of silicone at the pivot points and has worked great.

TandT

Dave, Thanks, I will try that first.
I know your thought of as sort of a Macgyver around these parts, so I was hoping you would have an idea. :)

Bill, thanks. I'll keep your suggestion in mind as plan B. Trace

goingwest

I know it's probably here in the volumes of 1350 information somewhere, but is there a process for lubricating, or maintenance of the flap that flips back when the doors close?

It has been fine, but suddenly seems like it needs a once over. It doesn't want to return all the way w/o slamming the door.

I don't see anything in the manual.

I am a little hesitant to spray anything toxic in there, such as lithium grease or silicone.

Any ideas, or suggestions? Thanks, Trace

I know this is a little late but I just received this week a kit from Dometic to make the flapper close tighter against the seal. It is a new upper & lower guide plate the parts # are upper plate 3851102024 lower plate 3851103022. The new guides have the grove set out a little to make the flapper close faster & tighter . It takes about 2 min. to replace these with just a screw driver.
Dometic sent this to me at no cost even thought my unit is over 3 years old. I just hope it fixes the problem I was having, after 4 days it's holding 34 to 36 degrees.

Last edited:

mikeandconnie

Take a adjustable wrench and bend the Left hand bottom door bracket up until it flaps back smoothly. I had to do this several times to my 1350 through the years, but it worked and sealed well after.

TandT

I know this is a little late but I just received this week a kit from Dometic to make the flapper close tighter against the seal. It is a new upper & lower guide plate the parts # are upper plate 3851102024 lower plate 3851103022. The new guides have the grove set out a little to make the flapper close faster & tighter . It takes about 2 min. to replace these with just a screw driver.
Dometic sent this to me at no cost even thought my unit is over 3 years old. I just hope it fixes the problem I was having, after 4 days it's holding 34 to 36 degrees.

Great info.. I'll check it out. Thank you,Trace