If it wasn't so crazy it would almost be funny

firstone

My new trailer came with a bad deep cycle battery and I have been on the phone all morning trying to find a local dealer. No luck gonna cost me $100.00

Well next was the smoke decector that didnt work. I called the MFG of the detector and told them the problem. Then the problems started. It seems these are canadian models (The part # ends in A) that began the begining of twenty questions. How did I get it? Your not in Canada? Who made the RV? Where are they? Your where? What hind of battery? What color is the Battery? Whats wrong with the detector? Did you try a new Battery? What kind of battery?
It's made in canada sir...............

I then said look, the company HQ is in IL and TX. The dectector is made in Mexico. Then the units are shipped to canada. Then Canada ships it too Heart Land so whats the problem?????????

Let me check sir .......hmmmmm......hmmmmmm.....hmmmmm Hello sir......Yes, I am here......Ok sir we are going to send you one from the U.S. is that ok?

I kid you not! Now, anyone want to ship me a new Exide deep cycle battery from the U.S.? RRRRRRRRRRRRR

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Mike... That's kinda funny in a strange way. I would think any exide battery dealer could or would either replace or pro rate that battery. The exide battery plant in the Dallas / Ft. Worth area just recently closed down, but I'm sure they are not out of business. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
Just checked online, any Sears or Napa auto supply will exchange exide batteries. Should be easy to get it swapped out on a new battery.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Our battery in our trailer went bad after only 6 months. Not a dealer within 400 miles. The Custimer service was good though. Took a picture of the old battery, a picture of the new battery and a copy of the receipt for the new one. They cut a check for almost the entire amount. Only problem was I had to wait for 3 weeks for the check. Good luck.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Isn't the battery supplied by the dealer? Shouldn't the dealer warranty the battery? Even if it was supplied by Heartland, the dealer should warranty the battery.
Same with the smoke detector. Just sayin...:confused:

olcoon

We had the battery go bad in ours while it was still under factory, & the dealer replaced the battery.

firstone

Like I said I live a good distance out. 2.5 hours to closest dealer or camping world.

Isn't the battery supplied by the dealer? Shouldn't the dealer warranty the battery? Even if it was supplied by Heartland, the dealer should warranty the battery.
Same with the smoke detector. Just sayin...:confused: