If pex freezes, is damage permanent?

I'll try to prevent my low point drains from freezing, by either keeping dry or adding a skirt or other means. But if the DO happen to freeze, is that damage to the pex pipe or value permanent or is it only a temporary problem? Same question for the general underbelly, hopefully somewhat warmed by the heated cabin.

BTW, I may have found my answer but SINCERELY APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENTS.

At this link: https://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/pex-and-freezing-temperatures-374158.html
I find the following of interest:
  • "When a ball or piston type valve is closed while filled with water the water is trapped in the moving core. Freeze it and the water in the core expands with enough force to crack the housing. The way he set up his experiment all the valves were filled with water but that type of valve does not have a core that rotates." This make sense to me. If things get really cold, the exposed low point drain metal shutoff valve will crack. I know how to do pex and could replace that, but don't plan on carrying those tools with me. (Or should I if concerned on a particular trip?)

• "There is one valve that I do recommend taking apart and draining and that is the flush valve in Thetford toilets. Speaking of retaining water it can and it will split." Hmmm... I upgraded to some Dometic brand, plus Brondel S2000 bidet lid. I should investigate if they are a problem, or is this going to force me to flush with antifreeze?

wdk450

Here is a link for a 1/2 inch PEX Sharkbite (brand) splicer for tubing repairs from Home depot. It is a little pricey, but is a simple push on installation:

david-steph2018

I'll try to prevent my low point drains from freezing, by either keeping dry or adding a skirt or other means. But if the DO happen to freeze, is that damage to the pex pipe or value permanent or is it only a temporary problem? Same question for the general underbelly, hopefully somewhat warmed by the heated cabin.
When our low point froze in Chattanooga in November 2019, it was only temporary. I used a low temp heat gun to thaw, then wrapped the drains in pink pipe insulation and added the gray pipe insulation on top of that.