I'm Baaaaaack......

i4110peter

So for those of you having followed my warranty issues, I'm getting pretty frustrated. After not having our "new" 3160EL for almost 4 months due to warranty work, I just discovered a new problem. Not sure what I will do about this yet, but it further erodes my faith in the Hearland product as well as the work done by the local "authorized" dealer. This is the cabinet above the Refrigerator. The floor of the cabinet is buckled. The "authorized" dealer had to re-attach the door support and I can't believe they did not see this. I will contact Heartland, but I will not take it back to the local dealer! Please pardon my rant, but I almost wish we had kept our 2002 Montana!
Refer Cabinet.jpg

RickL

So for those of you having followed my warranty issues, I'm getting pretty frustrated. After not having our "new" 3160EL for almost 4 months due to warranty work, I just discovered a new problem. Not sure what I will do about this yet, but it further erodes my faith in the Hearland product as well as the work done by the local "authorized" dealer. This is the cabinet above the Refrigerator. The floor of the cabinet is buckled. The "authorized" dealer had to re-attach the door support and I can't believe they did not see this. I will contact Heartland, but I will not take it back to the local dealer! Please pardon my rant, but I almost wish we had kept our 2002 Montana!
View attachment 61306

Don’t hold your breath if you think you’ll be able to get the factory to fix it. I could layout my frustration with dealing with the factory but I’d lose people by the 3rd page. Long story short I was told to hold off scheduling service work for March until December only in the end being told July would be the soonest they could look at my trailer. And even then that I may be held responsible for a well documented water leak that caused floor damage.

So I feel your frustration. Best of luck.

sengli

Personally I wouldnt take something like this back to the dealer for repair. I am sure I could figure it out and have done w/o having to wonder what the service guys at the dealer might do to possibly makes things worse.

mlpeloquin

Most dealers are not set up for RV repair, but cleaning up and prepping for sale their stock. Repairs are done when their service people are not doing work for units to be and being sold. Don't walk, but run to an independent RV repair business that will work with Heartland. Heartland will approve most requests for warranty work. Their work is better, because they rely on having a good reputation and have well trained techs. A great many have found this out the hard way. There are exceptions, but in general do not use dealerships for warranty and repair work. Most do not have techs that are skilled to do so.

i4110peter

Most dealers are not set up for RV repair, but cleaning up and prepping for sale their stock. Repairs are done when their service people are not doing work for units to be and being sold. Don't walk, but run to an independent RV repair business that will work with Heartland. Heartland will approve most requests for warranty work. Their work is better, because they rely on having a good reputation and have well trained techs. A great many have found this out the hard way. There are exceptions, but in general do not use dealerships for warranty and repair work. Most do not have techs that are skilled to do so.

As suggested, I have taken care of the issue myself. Removed the old, and installed 1/4 inch Plywood. My main complaint was in the materials that they are now using to construct these very expensive RVs. Enough said. Thanks to all.

- - - Updated - - -

Personally I wouldnt take something like this back to the dealer for repair. I am sure I could figure it out and have done w/o having to wonder what the service guys at the dealer might do to possibly makes things worse.

As suggested, I have taken care of the issue myself. Removed the old, and installed 1/4 inch Plywood. My main complaint was in the materials that they are now using to construct these very expensive RVs. Enough said. Thanks to all.

mlpeloquin

All RV manufactures could used heavy strong materials, but you would need a Semi to pull it and most likely not afford it.