In the market

Hulk

Looking for s lighter set up. Currently have s 20 k Reese slider that is to heavy. I don't need the 20 k 16 would be fine but it's all dealer had. Also kicking around the idea of getting s fixed hitch and sidewinder set up, I have s short bed. Looking for input and also any suggestions where to purchase from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
That Sidewinder is a pretty heavy hitch.

I have a Reese 16K Pro Slider, and it is pretty heavy as well (almost had a 'blowout' when I tried to lift it myself a few weeks ago :eek: ).

At least now you are ready if you ever buy a bigger 5'ver!

TruckRubberMat-P1010995.jpg

Nuclearcowboy

Looking for s lighter set up. Currently have s 20 k Reese slider that is to heavy. I don't need the 20 k 16 would be fine but it's all dealer had. Also kicking around the idea of getting s fixed hitch and sidewinder set up, I have s short bed. Looking for input and also any suggestions where to purchase from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a 16K slider and wish I had the 20K!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I would stay with the HD hitch. I bet the weight difference isn't much.
I put a lift in my garage to lift mine in and out when needed. I can pick it up in 2 pieces but my back always pays for it later.
Another thing I've done is just unmounted it from the truck and leave it connected to the trailer and lift it out with the Level-up jacks.
Then you can just set it right back in the bed, release it, mount it back in, and hook back up.
6cb976166dc3f13a559ca2eaeb978512.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

SNOKING

I would stay with the HD hitch. I bet the weight difference isn't much.
I put a lift in my garage to lift mine in and out when needed. I can pick it up in 2 pieces but my back always pays for it later.
Another thing I've done is just unmounted it from the truck and leave it connected to the trailer and lift it out with the Level-up jacks.
Then you can just set it right back in the bed, release it, mount it back in, and hook back up.
6cb976166dc3f13a559ca2eaeb978512.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Who copied who?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I might try leaving mine hang from the king pin.

I'd like to hang a winch from the rafters in my garage, but my truck is too tall to fit through the garage door, so that won't work for me.

However, when leaving the hitch hang from the king pin, do you lock the hitch to the trailer somehow?

And I'd also worry about someone playing around with it and pulling the handle and dropping it to the ground since we park our Prowler next to our garage when not on the road.

I'm weird . . . I think about stuff like that. :p