Independent Suspension

wdk450

If you ARE considering MorRyde IS and/or disk brakes, MorRyde has had a Heartland National Rally special price for National Rally attendees. For HN rallies NOT in the Goshen area, they have made the discount offer, but you must travel to Elkhart for the install. I saved about $400 on my disk brakes install last summer.

porthole

Retired
My service question are the torsion rubber bands that are part of the IS, yearly alignment checks or any other of the phyiscal working parts. I understand they are the best and really want to install but 5K and limited service is a big nut. What happens if you live 800 miles from MorRyde and something with happens?

Jim

Personally, I see no need for yearly alignment checks - unless you know you need to have it checked, e.g. damage.
I have had the IS since July 09, 20K miles so far and have perfect wear on my tires. In fact, except for the nubs on my spare and the obvious dirt, it was hard to tell the difference between my spare and road tire I changed on the way to Goshen last summer (12K miles on the Goodyear 114's).

The "rubber bands" are pretty stout, and are held on by 12 nuts and bolts. If they were to fail you could do it yourself. 5 year warranty IIRC.

I have my IS inspected every time we are in the area. For me that was when I had the LevelUp installed and two Goshen rallies.

I challenge you to find any repair shop that treats their customers better then MOR/ryde.

IIRC there is at least one truck shop in the mid PA area that can do the alignments, but I am sure any reputable traielr shop that does 5th wheels can align it. The wheels are laser aligned to the pin box.

Heavy trailer (yours) I would recommend the 8K setup, but it does add a bit to the cost. You can have the 8K suspension with 7K shear springs if desired.

As far as something happening. Shear springs are the most obvious, and you can change them yourself. Next, shocks - standard monroes. Brakes, get the Kodiak's and you have standard disc brakes. Skip the never lubes on a heavy trailer.

The rest is all heavy steel welded to your trailer. I doubt the steel will fail, and the frame of the trailer will be significantly stronger when they are finished. And the welds won't look like someones Key Largo I saw last year.

It is a big nut to crack, and in the end you have no "touchy feely" kind of upgrade. But it is not an upgrade that down the road you will be saying " I wish I didn't spend the money on that".

Right up there with LevelUp and an electric cord reel.

Whats 800 miles when your retired ???

I did have some issues with mine, but in the end I was very satisfied.

This picture, you can get an idea of the steel. That main beam is 5" by 2" of solid steel. The pivot pin is 2.5"
Where the assembly is welded to the frame - that is actually a sub frame that is first welded to the trailer to beef the trailer frame.
The shocks are mounted near vertical.
The shear spring is directly behind the spindle.

Attachments

• MOR-ryde_replace_19.jpg
    MOR-ryde_replace_19.jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Had the Mor-Ryde IS, Disc Brakes, and never lube bearings on our previous Landmark. Went from 7k to 8k suspension when getting it done. Sure miss that system on our new Landmark. Will get it done on this one as soon as we get the money together. Well worth it.