Info on RV Outlet USA out of Boston Va

macjj

After extensive research we have focused on the Bighorn 3070 RL. Reviews look good and therefore we are traveling from California to Boston Virginia to check one out - however we know little about the Dealer - has anyone had any experiences (good or bad) with this dealership. any/all infor accpriciated.

Jim MacIsaac
Escondido, CA
858-248-7211
macjj@cox.net

ncrebel8

Wesley and Niki Norwood
I am assuming you are talking about RV outlet USA in Danville Va. If so, yes, that is where we purchased from. Great folks and they were very good to us. Service department is great also (they put a new roof on our 3410 after a tree fell on it). In all my dealings with them they have been perfect. I would buy from them again, no problem.

Thats a pretty long trip you are making from Ca to Va! They must really have a great price on that unit!!

Lazydaze

RV Outlet performed warranty service on my Sundance even though it wasn't purchased from them. Their service dept was great, good people to deal with. I would definitely consider them for my next purchase.

Vtxkid

Thats where we bought our Cyclone... I would agree that they were great to work with on the sale along with the trade-in of our SOB. As far as the service department, they installed our hitch on the 08 diesel we had and did a good job.

macjj

Thanks all for the feedback. Acutally I was dixlexic (sp) on the location. It is on South Boston Highway, Ringgold, VA - yes near Danville.

If all works well next week I will be part of this fine group.

jimtoo

Hi macjj,

Have you checked with any other dealers... that's a long trip. Check out Explore USA here in Texas. They have 7 locations, good service and great prices. I just checked and they have some 3070RL's in stock.

Jim M

bobber

We purchased our Big Horn from them in October 2010. Got the best price of anywhere we checked. Was well worth dealing with them. Would purchase from them again if we ever upgraded. They are really easy to deal with and very helpful.

funntheson

We purchased our unit through Giant RV, right here in Southern California. Our Salesperson was Steven Raymond from the Colton location. Steven is a young family man. His communication was incredible, as I was calling, emailing and texting him constantly. He always responded fast, friendly, and very helpful. He really worked with us, and helped us get what we felt was a very fair price. I did extensive research prior to the purchase, and felt that for just a little bit more, I was better off buying from someone local.

I'm not trying to discourage your travels, just make sure you you have done your comparisons. Don't be afraid to show them what you have been offered.

Good luck, and we will see you at a Heartland Ralley in the near future.

Wharton

Several years ago we sent emails out to 4 different discounters to start getting info on our BH purchase. 3 were in VA, we live in Williamsburg and one was in TN. RV Outlet was one of our choices but they didn't respond to our 2nd email and hence we dropped them from the running. We bought ours from Chesapeake RV Solutions in Chesapeake, VA. Tim is ex-military and does a great job. We were disappointed in the other 3 dealers we emailed as all three, at various points in the discussions, just stopped emailing. Very frustrating.

I would be wary of RV Outlet just for this reason. If you don't want to deal with a person for whatever reason, say so. Don't just stop communicating. Very immature.

patsak

We bought from RV Outlet. After the initial research, we did all of our dealing on the phone. We saved an amazing amount. We took their offer and brought it to the RV Show and to a few of our local dealers. All said that they didn't believe we would get that rate (they could not match it), Some would match the price but it would include the trade-in. We had a great vacataion and went to pick it up. The staff there is great. I know that they are extremely busy, so when I plan on being in their neighborhood for service, I call ahead and set up my appointments. The PDI they did on the fiver was amazing. We have had the unit for almost 2 years now and because it was prepped so well, we have not had any major problems with it. Would I go back to them on my next purchase, Definately!!!!

macjj

You said it all. Same experience to a tee. We are now prowd owners of a 2012 3070RL . Experince fantastic and expect future associations to be just as good. Bill did a good job with the PIP, and John (owner) took a personal interet. I have no clue how they beet th competition by soo much' but I will take it. more to follow

Jim & Carol

ncrebel8

Wesley and Niki Norwood
congratulations! Hope you enjoy the new rig! You should get a good feel of how you are going to like it on the loooooooong trip home. I thaught that if you made the long trip out here you would end up purchasing from them. John (owner) is a great guy and the whole staff their is always helpfull. John doesnt try to keep any secrets, if you had asked he would have told you how they can beat most dealers prices.

Enjoy it, be carefull in your travels, only other comment im going to make is do some research on here about the tires, and keep a close check on your tires.

Westwind

Congrats on the new 2012 3070, we have the same model and talked to your dealer also, but got a good deal from Scott's Recreation in Maine and the drive was closer. You will have a good trip traveling to get it and getting home, can't beat a cross country trip. Best of luck and good travels.

ARLee

We bought our 3670RL Big Horn there in 2010. I shopped online for months and kept coming back to RV Outlet USA. Finally made the long drive there and we were not disappointed one bit. John is the Owner and ask for him. He is no pressure, but willing to answer a million questions. He used to sell cars and runs his RV business the same way. High volume, low profit. He said he doesn't know why other RV dealers hold out for huge mark-ups when the Manufactures are willing to send him as many as he can sell. This guy loves what he does! Every single person we had contact with was the same, just plain good honest people who treat you like family. I cannot recommend this company highly enough.

Moose

Congrats on the new 2012 3070, we have the same model and talked to your dealer also, but got a good deal from Scott's Recreation in Maine and the drive was closer. You will have a good trip traveling to get it and getting home, can't beat a cross country trip. Best of luck and good travels.

We bought from Scott's Recreation in Maine as well. Great people. Great Lobster too.