Input on mounting a Reese Gooseneck Adapter

kellyboy

I just purchased a Reese Gooseneck Adapter. It should be here in a few days. I have read many different opinions on the gooseneck adapter. I would prefer to stick with my companion hitch but unfortunatley its not economically possible. I have an F250 I can use my companion hitch on but it is just not big enough to pull my 37' Landmark. My F550 has a dealers 11' flatbed with a recessed ball. I spoke with dealers and they didn't give me many options with the flatbed for a fifth wheel hitch. That being said I purchased the adapter. Other than them being really heavy is the installation pretty simple? Looks to be only four nuts and bolts holding my Trail Air hitch on. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kelly

danemayer

Kellyboy,

My Heartland Manual contains the following warning box:

WARNING
USE OF A GOOSENECK ADAPTOR CAN CAUSE
DAMAGE TO THE STRUCTURE OF YOUR
FIFTH WHEEL AND WILL VOID YOUR LIMITED
WARRANTY

Structure might include: pinbox, frame, aluminum framing, sidewalls, and other things; some warranted by Heartland, some by Lippert.

kellyboy

Like I said, I really don't have much choice. Too dangerous to pull with my F250. The reese gooseneck adapter has an air ride system. I have also read that it has been authorized by dealers and won't void your warranty. Not that I have any warranty left anyway.

jbeletti

Only the Reese "Goosebox" is approved by Lippert and Heartland. Not sure how it's different than a regular GN adapter. Though you are past the warranty period on your coach, the Goosebox may be worth considering.

RP94622-61301_1000.jpg

kellyboy

BTW, etrailer sells it for 1050.00 plus 70.00 shipping. Found it for 949.00 on hitches to go and free shipping. In case anyone is considering

kellyboy

I noticed when I was looking online that Reese Goosebox made two different models? One with spacers and one without for the mounting. I am not sure if i will need the spacers or not. Does anyone know. I have a 2005 Landmark with a Trailair L05

Thanks

Kelly

kellyboy

Reese Goosebox

Does anyone know if the Reese Goosebox Adapter will fit on a Trailair L05 pinbox? They offer two different models. One comes with spacers and the other one does not. I ordered the one without spacers and Im not sure if either one will fit.

lwmcguir

Re: Reese Goosebox

Does anyone know if the Reese Goosebox Adapter will fit on a Trailair L05 pinbox? They offer two different models. One comes with spacers and the other one does not. I ordered the one without spacers and Im not sure if either one will fit.
Don't know what pin box the used but most of them are similar. I had to drill the two extra holes for the 1621HD conversion on my Augusta. Sure pulls well and rides as good as the 5th Airborne and no hassle changing out a hitch. Just pull the ball out of the bed and you have your truck back.