Insignia Residential Refrigerator Issue

NewHopians

Does anyone have this refrigerator. They were purchased by Heartland from Best Buy. We have it in our 2023 Bighorn3215RL fifth wheel. Soon after a couple of trips out the freezer started building up ice on the outside of the freezer drawer and lots of frost on the inside drawers of the freezer. Had to go through the Geek Squad to have it checked. They sent someone out to check and find the proble. He found the rear vent panel behind the drawer was warped at the bottom right corner and the drawer gasket seal is bad. He cut out the corner of the panel so the right side of the drawer would close tighter. The panel and seal were ordered. Calling today to check the status before our July family trip and we find out that the parts are no longer available for the appliance and a replacement is authorize. But, Geek Squad will not exchange it without my original purchase receipt. Trying to contact dealership in Texas and Heartland customer service.

Attachments

• IMG_9665.jpeg
    IMG_9665.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9667.jpeg
    IMG_9667.jpeg
    990.4 KB · Views: 5

Bogie

Have you tried giving the Geek Squad your original purchase agreement for the RV. Since it was installed by the manufacture and was in a new RV, they should honor that document.

If not, I would be writing a "polite" email to Corie Barry , CEO of best buy asking for help with this problem. corie.barry@bestbuy.com

Remember, be direct, keep it short and to the point and be polite. You should get a response from someone in her office.

NewHopians

Thanks for the thought Bogie. I have found that Best Buy has a for business side and they shouldn’t need that receipt. Filled in the form and now the wait for an answer. Will keep y’all posted.

NewHopians

Best Buy has offered me a check for 1100$ since this refrigerator is no longer available so I can get what I want. The comparable one that fits in rig is 1842.00 dollars. Sent that information to them waiting to hear back from them.