Installed Ultra-Fab PowerTwin II-30" Electric Stabilizer

Terry H

Past Texas North Chapter Leader/Moderator
Staff member
I purchased an Ultra-Fab PowerTwin II 30” Electric RV Stabilizer to stabilize the rear of the Landmark both vertically and horizontally. After it arrived I began unpacking and assembling the PowerTwin Stabilizer in my garage where it is a flat and smooth floor.
First I bolted the side angled braces to the legs of the stabilizers. Next was to measure the width of the frame from the outside edges of the flanges. I then assembled the two halves of the stabilizer frames with the supplied connector plate.
Stabilizers 01.JPG Stabilizers 02.JPG

Next I placed the PowerTwin Stabilizer on two small furniture dollies and rolled them to the rear of the Landmark. I removed the screws holding the coroplast in the area of where the stabilizer would mount to the frame. Then I used the supplied manual crank to lift both side to the bottom of the frame. I adjusted the install position by rolling the dollies then finished tightening the stabilizer to the frame and clamped it to the frame. Next I used the screws that I removed from the coroplast to mount the PowerTwin Stabilizer
Stabilizers 03.JPG Stabilizers 04.JPG

I used a single red 8 gauge wire in split tubing to power the motors and fished it to from the 12 volt converter to door side of the basement, then down into
the under belly above the coroplast
Stabilizers 05.JPG
Blue striped split tubing that covers
red power wire exits into under belly.

and then to the rear of the trailer and then across to the off door side of the trailer near the switch compartment of the power reel switch. I discovered that it easier to fish wires on the door side than the off door side because of the utilities, propane and sewer drains, on the off door side. Next I removed the power reel switch and switch compartment and fished the switch and motor wires though a hole in the ODS frame behind the switch compartment into the area above the coroplast. I then installed the motors onto the stabilizers.
Stabilizers 14.JPG Stabilizers 13.JPG

The PowerTwin Stabilizer switches are pre-wired together with soldered connections. Because of this I cut the wires to power the motors from the switches to the proper length for the door side and off door side motors. Then I fished the wires from the switches to the door side and off door side motors.

I decided to use the same switch compartment as was used for the reel motor switch so I did not have to paint and install an additional switch compartment. I drilled holes on both sides of the reel motor switch for the stabilizer motor switches.
Stabilizers 15.JPG

Then back to wiring, I made the following connections:
The power wire in the under belly to supply power to the switches
Stabilizers 08.JPG Stabilizers 09.JPG

The ground wire (green wire) to the frame with a self-tapping screw
The power wire to the Converter
Stabilizers 06.JPG Stabilizers 07.JPG

The wires from the switches to the motors
Stabilizers 10.JPGStabilizers 11.JPG

Next I mounted power reel switch and stabilizer switches in switch compartment and remounted the switch compartment to trailer.
Stabilizers 16.JPG Stabilizers 17.JPG

I secured the motor wires.
Stabilizers 12.JPG

Then after I tested the operation of the stabilizer, I re-secured the coroplast to trailer frame. The total installation time of the stabilizer and the related wiring was about 20 hours.

My observations of the Ultra-Fab PowerTwin II 30” Electric RV Stabilizer are, it is made of heavier gauge steel, better powder coating, larger foot pads, and stronger motors than the competing brands of electric stabilizers.

Bones

Looks good and our current stabilizer does seem a bit flimsy and backs off after a day or so.

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Terry,
Did you replace the existing Lippert stabilizer? DId you ever have the Lippert Stabilizer?
Do you like the Ultra Fab unit better?
Do the feet work independantly?

Terry H

Staff member
Mark,

My trailer did not have any rear stabilizers installed at the factory. This is the first rear electric stabilizer ever installed on this trailer.
I do like the Ultra-Fab Stabilizer better than Lippert's. The Ultra-Fab has a motor on each side of the stabilizer with a switch for each motor; which means the feet are operated independently.

Pizzaguy

Nice work Terry. I have been thinking of doing the same thing to our BH. I would like to know how much it helps now that you have them installed. We have the 6 point level up system also and it seems like it would make a big difference in the back end of the trailer. Please let me know.

Terry H

Staff member
When I made the post, I did not have a chance to use them. Since then I am using the stabilizer and they definitely reduce horizontal and vertical movement of the rear of the coach, especially if the landing jacks are almost fully extended. The stabilizers also help to reduce the stake when the washing machine is in use.