Installing a CURT 13703 Reciver on a 2014 Bighorn 3685RL

billhealy

I am considering installing a CURT 13703 Receiver and cargo platform on a 2014 Bighorn 3685RL to hold a Champion 96 lb. generator. I do know that Heartland frowns on adding such components but it would be very helpful and provide more space in the truck bed (generator is bolted in the truck). Any comments negative or positive would be appreciated especially as related to noise and vibration. Thanks

DaveTyler

Hello Bill, You hear all kinds of things about what Heartland likes and don't likes. I too have a Big Horn and installed a homemade receiver hitch or could say I have a custom made hitch
and it goes from one side to the other and is a 2 inch receiver. Honestly I have it to do what you are talking about or when I go to ca campground 60 miles away I can pull a golf cart
trailer also. I have a Harbor Freight 500 lb capacity box to use. Jim Dykes on the forum has or replaced one of the cheap ones that came on his Big Horn with a custom built like mine
and carries his and her bicycles. Does not move. Difference between night and day. If I can help let me know. Good luck. I am sure Dan Mayer will respond. He is the expert on
all of this. Dave