Installing a fireplace in my 2014 sundance qb

Schmidty

I have the part number for the fireplace, and plan on installing it when it arrives. Even though I don't have a fireplace currently installed in the camper, one of the breakers is marked fireplace. Are the fireplaces in campers hard wired or do they just plug in a receptacle?

Thanks.

sengli

Ya know one of the high efficiency quartz heaters is quieter and puts out the same amount of heat, in a smaller package. 1500w unit will draw 12.5 amps, thats a lot for the small wire they install in most coaches.

Miller0758

All fun and games until you're in a CG that meters you and then you need to choose the cost of electric or the cost of propane.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Mine does too.

Our ElkRidge did not come with a fireplace, but luckily it was wired for one. There was a dedicated plug for it inside a cabinet (where HL would have installed it.) This plug was run with yellow Romex wiring, which I believe is a higher rating than standard.

I researched and found a "self-framing" unit from Dimplex. We removed the shelf and doors from the cabinet, made a platform for the unit to sit on, plugged it in, slid into place and secured with 4 screws. Works great!!
499f1d640e747ef7ff936afa1201e46f.jpg
b775d78b7b00794a249511b493821dc2.jpg
e5536ded40bfef44864e53212990aed3.jpg
6c4f721ee93321931d2034374d4b7a2b.jpg

And yes, had its own circuit breaker which was labeled "fireplace".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Birchwood

I installed a fireplace a few years ago in our Landmark.There wasn't a plug in so I run an armoured 12 electrical line from the box (dedicated location) to the back of new fireplace.There was nothing wired to the circuit box marked fireplace.You definitely need a
dedicated line because the FP is 1500 watts.