Interior LED lighting?

skyguy

Re: LED lighting

UPDATE:
Towards the end of last year's RV season, I noticed the three row LED's were reduced to TWO, then just ONE row of LEDS!:mad::mad:

On a good note, there was a 2 year warranty on these, and I was still in warranty in April, so I returned the defects for these:
http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-...=DispPage&Page2Disp=/specs/upcbbase_specs.htm
This is a 30 bulb LED array, and is much brighter. Problem is, when I got them, the solder contact on the 1156 base was loose on both bases, and required time and effort to correctly solder (easier than returning them). Don't know what kind of longevity to expect.

At this point I cannot recommend SuperBrightLEDS.com

Al

camr

I have noticed that the LED's for conversion come as a flat and a round shape. I have installed two of the flat warm white ones and am very pleased with them. Do the round shaped ones offer the same results? As the underside of the fixtures are not particularly reflective, I would imagine that any of the individual LED's located on the top of the round ones would be less effective. As opposed to the flat ones, where every LED is directed to the lens of the fixture. Any thoughts?
Cam

usnthedog

<STYLE><!--#yiv1101911957 P {MARGIN-TOP:0px;MARGIN-BOTTOM:0px;}--></STYLE>

http://forums.woodalls.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/24818888.cfm

Here is a link to a guy that has done a lot of this. I'm out now but when I get back home I'm going to start ordering. I did buy a couple of 9 led 'tail' lights at a flea market and have one in my reading light over the bed. It isn't as bright as the OEM but it also does not shine in your eyes as bad. I think you're just going to have to try them until you find what you like.

Jeff

rl7greg

I just ordered what looks to be the same thing from China direct from a manufacturer. Got enough bulbs for my trailer, but I was thinking of importing more. Glad you like them, I don't know anyone that has them.

Just an update....I got "18 5050 SMD Warm White BA15S" bulbs for my trailer, and I'm really happy with them. They are maybe slightly whiter light than incandescant, but just as bright as an 1141 bulb. I don't have a way to test how much power exactly they draw, but I noticed when I was at home changing them over, with the old bulbs turning on 4 bulbs would make the fan in the ?ac converter? come on. Even with 16 LED bulbs on, the fan stays off...